wiper motor, 72 demom

-

mikesdemon

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm not a regular poster. I need help. I have looked thru some wiper motor threads but did not find what I was looking for.
My car is a 72 Demon. It was bequeathed to me by my best friend when he died. He was a car guy and liked my Demon that was a project car for me and my son. My son has that car at his home. So he cobbled his together with parts from a donor and with a 383/727 he had laying around, got it running and stopping and registered.That was 16 years ago. Thats the short backstory. But it needed work, a lot of work. And so the project started. My son is installing a new wiring harness for a custom dash/gauges and such. The harness is American Autowire Highway 22 system. The original Demon harness has red, dkgreen, dkblue and brown wires which connect to the 2 spd wiper motor. Browns go to the ballast resistor. I presume red is power and green and blue are low and high speeds. To be sure I must ask: Is red power? and if blue and green are for low and high speeds, which is which? I won't be using the original harness section and I know which spade connections correlate with each wire. This project has been in the works for four years and I am nearing completion. Whatever help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Couple of pictures: the fiesta green car is the one I bought 16 years ago, the burgundy is the current project. I call it The TommyP, after my late friend.

-1754578169_IMAG0872_1066366.jpg

1164484561_IMAG0870_971437 (2).jpg

-531602130_IMAG0012_BURST001_935010 (2).jpg

Hi all. I'm not a regular poster. I need help. I have looked thru some wiper motor threads but did not find what I was looking for.
My car is a 72 Demon. It was bequeathed to me by my best friend when he died. He was a car guy and liked my Demon that was a project car for me and my son. My son has that car at his home. So he cobbled his together with parts from a donor and with a 383/727 he had laying around, got it running and stopping and registered.That was 16 years ago. Thats the short backstory. But it needed work, a lot of work. And so the project started. My son is installing a new wiring harness for a custom dash/gauges and such. The harness is American Autowire Highway 22 system. The original Demon harness has red, dkgreen, dkblue and brown wires which connect to the 2 spd wiper motor. Browns go to the ballast resistor. I presume red is power and green and blue are low and high speeds. To be sure I must ask: Is red power? and if blue and green are for low and high speeds, which is which? I won't be using the original harness section and I know which spade connections correlate with each wire. This project has been in the works for four years and I am nearing completion. Whatever help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Couple of pictures: the fiesta green car is the one I bought 16 years ago, the burgundy is the current project. I call it The TommyP, after my late friend.

View attachment 1715561623

View attachment 1715561624

View attachment 1715561628

Have you looked at the ( My Mopar forum ) there's wiring schematics for most all years mopar. I looked but i believe the Valiant / Duster is going to be the one for the Demon. I couldn't find a listing for the Demon.

Have you looked at the ( My Mopar forum ) there's wiring schematics for most all years mopar. I looked but i believe the Valiant / Duster is going to be the one for the Demon. I couldn't find a listing for the Demon.
Hi Stephen. Thanks. We are considering using a 3 way toggle switch for the wiper low/high/off. I have a schematic, but am not up to snuff on reading it. So identifying the purpose of the 4 wires or spade connections would be a great help.

GRRRR , brown does not go to ballast resistor. We've seen this error a few times. get yourself a factory wiring diagram. The brown wire from wiper switch goes to electric window wash pump. Yes the factory moved this wire to a different bulkhead/harness connector. Only because it goes a different direction. If it had been placed in the connector with other wiper wires, this one wire would tie 2 taped harnesses together.
There is a brown wire to ballast resistor, a different brown wire.

GRRRR , brown does not go to ballast resistor. We've seen this error a few times. get yourself a factory wiring diagram. The brown wire from wiper switch goes to electric window wash pump. Yes the factory moved this wire to a different bulkhead/harness connector. Only because it goes a different direction. If it had been placed in the connector with other wiper wires, this one wire would tie 2 taped harnesses together.
There is a brown wire to ballast resistor, a different brown wire.
I literally have the wiper motor and harness from motor to bulkhead in my hand. The brown goes from bulkhead connector to one end of ballast resistor and from the connector at the motor to the other end of the ballast resistor. I have not talked about the switch wires yet, though I'm sure to get there. I do have a proper wiring diagram. Thanks.

I literally have the wiper motor and harness from motor to bulkhead in my hand. The brown goes from bulkhead connector to one end of ballast resistor and from the connector at the motor to the other end of the ballast resistor. I have not talked about the switch wires yet, though I'm sure to get there. I do have a proper wiring diagram. Thanks.
OK, you're talking about the resistor mounted on the wiper motor and not the ignition coils ballast resistor. Good luck with it.

OK, you're talking about the resistor mounted on the wiper motor and not the ignition coils ballast resistor. Good luck with it.

This should help

Attachments

• wipertest.PDF
    347.2 KB · Views: 99
-
Back