Wiper Motor Issue -Plz Help

-

Paladin06

Reaction score
All,

Having an issue with my new A body (70 Duster). The wiper motor looks new but when I turn it on, the wipers go from full down to about 2 inches up then full down and stop.

I also noted that I can raise the wipers by hand about half way up the window and then they stop and I can push them full down. When I disconnect the arm from the wiper motor it rotates 360 degrees at both speeds.

The wiper motor looks new and the previous owner stated (??) they worked fine for him.

Please help.

First question is are they 2 speed, or 3 speed, or variable speed?

The only shop manual I have for 70, and I don't know if it changed from 69 to 71, is paper. I'll try to photo the pages referring to testing the system for you tomorrow.

EDIT!!! Don't know what I was thinking......from the 70 shop manual.....

Attachments

• wiper1.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 191
  • wiper2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 198
  • wiper3.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 187
  • wiper4.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 203
  • wiper5.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 190
  • wiper6.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 210
  • wiper8.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 174
  • wiper9.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 189
  • wiper10.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 190
The wiper switch must be chassis grounded and the wiper motor must be chassis grounded. If you've had any of these apart for painting or whatever you will have to scratch away some paint to correct the ground path.

this is just a guess but if the motor looks new it was probally rebuilt .and chances are kim at pashion for mopars did it and she stands behind her work .if there is any way to fin d this out it might be a free fix ....and i think she copys all the numbers on the wiper motors she could tell you if she rebuilt it maybe. just a thought.

I use a small screwdriver to release the clip, and a claw hammer to remove the arm. just use claw on hammer on the base and handle to apply upward leverage do not pry with it and your other hand to hold the stem of the arm rock it and it come right off.

Anyone know where I can get a wiper arm removal tool?

Made contact with Kim and she sent me pics and details of how to inspect/repair. She even called me as a follow up after I sent her pics. There was a guide pin that had fallen out. This caused the jam. I have reassembled per Kim's instruction and will test shortly. What a great person she is. I will end the unit back her if it does not work as she did do the restore for the previous owner.

this is just a guess but if the motor looks new it was probally rebuilt .and chances are kim at pashion for mopars did it and she stands behind her work .if there is any way to fin d this out it might be a free fix ....and i think she copys all the numbers on the wiper motors she could tell you if she rebuilt it maybe. just a thought.

-
Back