Wiper Motor Rebuild

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey, I did a search and the only thing I could find about rebuilding wiper motors other than the A1 Cardone rebuilds was the $325 rebuild at Passion4Mopars.com Neither one seems like a good option. I'm sure the Cardone motor is fine, but they paint everything black and I don't think it will look good in my freshly painted engine compartment and the other one is way out of my price range. Is there another option?

I've done enough research to know that this is a 3 wire, 2 speed wiper motor. Probably the one that came stock on the car in 1967. I need to know who rebuilds or sells rebuilt motors at a reasonable price that won't slather it all in rattle can black? Thanks for your help!

IMG_0865_zpsoxpnlt1g.jpg

No rattle can black might be a special order item. :D
Don't know anyone who rebuild them, sorry.

What is wrong with it? I've taken a few apart, re-soldered contacts, cleaned the brushes and armature. Most failures in wiper motors is moisture and vibration. I usually fine poor contacts, corrosion and dried up grease in the screw. I've also repaired a few starters and alternators. I just Cleaned the wiper motor on my 64, I thought it was a bad switch. Works good as new.

Nothings wrong with it. It's just an ugly 48 year old part that is going to be an eye sore in my freshly painted engine compartment.

Clean it up and paint it.
I bought a Cardone one for mine and the paint wiped off with thinner.
I used base / clear on the wiper motor in my car, it really stands out being black against an orange engine compartment.

I would buy one on ebay from SoCal or AZ. 40 yr old but the wipers probably haven't been used 100 times.

The 67 wiper motors with three wires aren't that common. Another member has stepped up and offered to help with mine. Thanks!

I just received pics of the finished product. Turned out pretty nice if you ask me?!?

i36066_zpscjew7p5g.jpg

-
Back