wiper motor removal in a 65 cuda

-

scottymizt

Reaction score
hey guys just found the site and so far i am pleased with what i have seen here :headbang: I was wondering if anyone knows the proper way to take the wiper motor out of a 65 cuda/valiant? i looked under the dash and it looks to be mounted on the outside of the firewall but it's not i couldn't find a way to get to it, Am i missing something? i looked at it really briefly last nite cuz it was getting dark and it was too hot to lay under the dash for long. Any help would be appreciated. I did a search and found nothing on the topic.
Thanks

Just removed the wiper assembly recently from a parts car... the hardest part is accessing the nuts... both the motor and wipers are bolted in... good luck!

How did you get to the nuts? and where does it come out of? Figured a 41yr old car would be easier to mess with than a newer one :)

The wiper motor is mounted inside the car on a-bodies through 1966. If you have air conditioning it will be harder to get to. The last one I removed was from a wrecking yard, but I also got the mount bracket (welded in) so that I could use it in my son's 67 Dart GT convertible. The nuts shouldn't be too hard to get to, but you'll need some light to see.

Ok thanks i'm going to look closer tonight, so i should be able to take it out without taking anything else out? just unhooking it and pulling it out?

Correct. Don't forget to disconnect from the wiper linkage. Either pull the clip and make sure you can tell how all the parts go back in or remove the nut If the early ones even have the nut - I can't remember).

Man am i dumb!!!!!! :) i got it out finally i was looking under the dash on the drivers side where the shaft for the wiper goes out. :banghead: anyway i got it out and thanks guys for the input. I got one more question, where do i get another mine wont spin and i even cleaned it out, It has some major problems.

Where are you at, I may have one..Is it intermitant or straight speed?

I'm in Michigan and its a intermitant speed as far as i know the switch is adjustable.

Should be a variable speed, or single speed. I don't think intermitent came out till later.

-
Back