Wiper Motor

-

Jacmifish

Reaction score
523032_4226036612728_735280240_n.jpg

64075_4226035852709_776466103_n.jpg

Hi this motor is from a mid 90's Van my family once had. I pulled a couple parts off of it before we scraped it. Anyways I have been trying to see if I could get this motor to work on my duster and am kinda a newbi with wiring. This motor is has four pins, two are yellow and black the others are not color coded. When I connect the yellow and black (+ and - respectively) the motor runs, however I would like to know how the other speeds are engaged.

Any incite would be awesome Thanks,
Jacob

Jacob I believe the speeds are regulated threw the wiper switch.

Darryl

You need to look up a wiring diagram for the make and model of the van and see which wires are which.
Usually there is one normal "run/positive" wire and as you power the other wires they add to the motor power giving the higher speeds.
(they have multiple sets of windings in them, and the more windings you power, the faster the motor turns) so connections of the wires are pretty critical for normal operation.

You need to look up a wiring diagram for the make and model of the van and see which wires are which.
Usually there is one normal "run/positive" wire and as you power the other wires they add to the motor power giving the higher speeds.
(they have multiple sets of windings in them, and the more windings you power, the faster the motor turns) so connections of the wires are pretty critical for normal operation.

Thanks. This is what I was thinking. I'm having trouble finding wiring diagrams, as they seem to be something nobody wants you to have. I'll try looking more under different vehicles because it seems to be have been used for vans and trucks.

My goal is to find a cost effective alternative for a wiper replacement for older mopars. Also I made a intermittent wiper delay board and I would like to attempt to incorporate that. These boards can be purchased online from electronic hobby websites in case anyone is curious.

. I'm having trouble finding wiring diagrams,.

It would help if you would post the year/ model of your car.

We have a thread here with some service models, but the many of the links are broke. There is a couple over at MyMopar and simplified wiring diagrams over there, too.

WHAT year, is your car?

WHAT year, is your car?

The wiper motor is from a 1995 Dodge Caravan. When I google this particular motor is comes up as also being for 1500,2500,3500 trucks also.

The car I'm installing it on is my 73' Duster.

Couldn't find a wiring diagram from MyMopar.com, but I found a useful video on how 4 pin motors tend to work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ww5-pmiokc"]Creepy Creations - Windshield Wiper Motor Wiring Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back