Wiper question

-
If you refer to factory service manuals you will find the wiper circuit to be the most complicated of all the electrical in these cars.
Having said that.. What year model and wiper system do you have ?

There used to be a kit available to convert your system over. It was years ago that I saw it....maybe J.C.Whitney?

Intermittent, heck I would just be happy with a 2 speed wiper on my 65 Dart. I did put in a 2 spd switch recently (because it worked and had the washer terminal), but just jumpered the 2 terminals together so still 1 speed. I am pondering putting an in-line resistor on the first speed to make is a "low", maybe using a ballast resistor, but don't want to stall the motor. Not a priority since I live in CA now.

My experience is in 67,68 2 speed and 3 speed wipers. I've deleted the electric wash pump and used the wash function of the switch to create a one pus equals one complete sweep wiper operation. This doesn't work on the later models for several reasons I dont know what year they changed either. If your wiper switch rotates to low speed when pushed to wash or if the wipers will retun to park from mid/ incomplete sweep when turned off, you have the later type wipersl.

Intermittent, heck I would just be happy with a 2 speed wiper on my 65 Dart. I did put in a 2 spd switch recently (because it worked and had the washer terminal), but just jumpered the 2 terminals together so still 1 speed. I am pondering putting an in-line resistor on the first speed to make is a "low", maybe using a ballast resistor, but don't want to stall the motor. Not a priority since I live in CA now.
They made a factory variable speed wiper setup for your year Bill. You'd need to change the motor, switch, and some wiring but it would be a bolt-in system.

-
Back