Wiper switch terminal diagram

-

Sloan 1

Reaction score
Putting in an aftermarket wiper switch. Was wondering if anyone had a wiper switch terminal diagram that shows what each terminal is for.

B351453B-29F8-4F2D-B4FB-01A2D12E0537.jpeg

Not enough info, Year make and model will help you get some info!

Wipers are "interesting." There were variable, 2 speed, and 3 speed, all with their little differences, and then some had the electric washer pump

My usual suggestions are the service manual..........which has a cart in the electrical section detailing troubleshooting, and the Passion for Mopars site which has some info on wipers

Sorry it’s a 69 Valiant. It had variable speed wipers. I’m going back with 2 speed. Top picture is what I’m installing and the bottom is what I have. Any help would be appreciated.

DC4426BF-6EBA-472E-B18D-BB6371D1FB27.jpeg

C97FBEC2-B0EF-46BD-A9D2-A89FA7086B7E.jpeg

Follow the wires in the diagram to see what each one does.
The factory switch has two power wires, pre and post ignition as the wipers only work with the key on. Guessing I'd say A & B
Again guessing I'd say F1 & F2 are the high low
Again guessing I'd say P is Park
A meter on the switch would answer the question and I also think the functions/continuity is spelled out in the Factory Service Manual.

Alan

Don't just look at the wiring diagram, get into the electrical section on wipers. There is almost always a chart to show the troubleshooting between 2/ 3 speed, etc

Don't just look at the wiring diagram, get into the electrical section on wipers. There is almost always a chart to show the troubleshooting between 2/ 3 speed, etc[/QUOTE

K I’m not trouble shooting. I’m trying to wire up this switch since the factory switch wouldn’t work with the aftermarket gauge panel and gauges I’m installing. Is there something there more specific?

413187A5-1D29-44F3-9A72-B2B563F902EA.jpeg

I think it is understood what you are doing, I think the point that was trying to be made is the Factory Service Manual might be off use in getting this information.

Alan

Yes^^ this is what I was trying to get across. The wiring diagrams can be confusing. The actual wiper section in the manual has some troubleshooting and charts (most years) that can be helpful in worrying out the differences. The park cycle, etc is vastly different between 2/3 speed motors

There are many manuals, free, you can download from MyMopar. Some of them there came from the efforts of the guys right here

-
Back