Wire free engine compartment

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
My son and I are planning to remove all the wiring from the engine compartment and removing the battery also . Do any of you guys have any pics that you could post showing your wireless compartments and also how you ran your wiring. All ideas are welcome.

Thanks, Bob / Bryce

you keeping stock harness? if so itll be hard. i went with a ez-wire harness which has allowed me to hide the wires

You can use the stock harness you just have to move the bulkhead connection point to under the dash and come through the firewall at a location near the steering column. You can see my bundle to the right of my steering column. Doing away with the bulkhead connector will mean that you need to slick up the firewall a bit though. My cables run low along the side of the K-member and then up to each item that requires power. For the lights you can attach the bundle under the grills.

Good luck.

Mop

Can't wait to see pics.

When I do the Duster I am planning on putting battery and fuse panel in the trunk. I will probably make a channel that runs under the car for all the wiring. It will be completely sealed so I shouldn't have any moisture issues.

Here is a couple of pics....hard to see the wiring and where is is run but I guess that's the look your after.

Good luck again.

Mop

100_2791w.jpg

100_2795w.jpg

Thank you for your kind words.....I'm in the process of finishing the trunk to make it as clean.....lots less junk in the trunk to worry about.:cheers:

I digress.

Good luck once again.

Mop

I took this pic from a similar thread. Even the lip at firewall to cowl was shaved away.

wireless engine comp.jpg

I call B.S. !!! no way that thing runs or is ever driven!!! :lol:

seriously...WOW...Nice engine bay, Kudos to momoparman :cheers:

So the wires just run out of the firewall next to the steering shaft and run down the front frame rail?
Are you worried about water getting on them? I guess based on how clean that thing is, it never sees water.

I took this pic from a similar thread. Even the lip at firewall to cowl was shaved away.
Thats is what me and SuperT are doing But I actually made a Filler for the area where the wiper motor use to reside and the curve carries across the whole cowl.

Your right...I don't typically drive in rain but I have been caught before in drizzle.

=P~

Moparman,
so thats what my engine compartment will look like BEFORE I cram all the crap into it.
Really STUNNING!!!!
Andrew

Well I suppose...but most people cram an mopar engine into their compartments.....not a chebby 350.:-D

That's awesome!

Where did you get the crossram at?

I ran all my power and hoses for AC under the passenger side fender well.

Another great place to hide the wires as mentioned above.

Here is a couple of pics....hard to see the wiring and where is is run but I guess that's the look your after.

Good luck again.

Mop

very nice!!! where did you run your heater hoses? can you post pics of the please? also, did you use the stock steering column mount for the fire wall? I'm thinking of closing up that big hole, and just use the one from flaming river.

nx9yyg.jpg

moparman
where did you put the starter relay and regulator, coil and all the other stuff
beautiful!

Keep em coming guys,

Moparman ,more pics please ,thats what we are looking to do

Thanks, Bob

Our Duster actually has a Painless wiring harness that we put in about 2 years ago but now Bryce wants to go for a cleaner look, It wont be that hard to separate the wires and reroute them but we are looking to see how and where you guys ran them The pics we have seen so far are great but I really want to see the under side shots if you please

Bob / Bryce

wow, that looks awesome. the previous owner of my project scamp started that process and now after seeing moparmans pictures i feel compelled to do the same lol

more pics please

OK

More pics..crappy but all I have.

Coil is mounted on a bracket I made and located off the frame rail on passenger side.

Starter relay is mounted in a similar fashion on driver side...shown with the enclosure off.

Regulator is not required on my alternator as it is self regulated.

Wires run along frame rail and are hard to see unless you get down into the compartment.

AC lines, air ride and ignition wires run under the passenger side fender.

I used the stock steering column mount.

I don't drive this car in crappy weather so some things may need to be better weather proofed for your particular situation.

I hope this helps.

Mop

100_3124.jpg

100_3125.jpg

100_3126.jpg

100_3130.jpg

100_3131.jpg

momoparman - is it just the airride kit that lets you shave the shock towers, or is that available for like a coilover setup as well??? I like that upper mount bracket!

RMS suspensions kit - Reilly Motor Sports.

They come with coil overs and other options.

I chose the air ride so I could drop it.

-
Back