Wire Loom Routing

-

Davidrad

Reaction score
So I'm putting my dash back together and it's been long enough I've forgotten where the wire loom routed at the steering column? If I put it behind the cluster it jams up against the speedo and the casing. Does it sit outside of the frame at the column?

I do have to tell you it's gonna be difficult without know whether you are working on a Studebaker Champion, a 41 Supermarine Spitfire, or a hemi powered Farmall

If you go over to MyMopar and download the closest factory shop manual you can find, drawings of cable routings are behind the wiring diagrams in some years.

Wire loom goes in first before anything else. Find the fuse block and see the bracket on the bottom left of the dash that it screws to. To the left of that, it goes over to the left kick pad to meet up with the wire loom to the tail lights. To the right, it follows the bottom of the dash in the large clips just made for it, ending at the glove box light. Along the way, you may want to identify each connector and what it connects to with tape.

So I'm putting my dash back together and it's been long enough I've forgotten where the wire loom routed at the steering column? If I put it behind the cluster it jams up against the speedo and the casing. Does it sit outside of the frame at the column?
Yes. Outside.

-
Back