wiring harness

-
I have the Painless 10127 sitting on a shelf and hoping to put it in the car in the next month or so. I don't have to worry about adapting to any old harnesses because I won't be running any. I am also putting in their dash gauge harness since mine will be running all autometer. I went Painless because its one of the 1st things I ordered last spring and didn't do some research first, but they have a good name and I won't be dissappointed. But shopping around I could have done better.
Sorry I have no feeback yet but the kit looks ok and well marked as to where it all goes. I did buy my kit for $420 in Canada, so south of the 49th I would guess you could find it for cheaper.
Looking at that kit that abodyjoe posted it seems you get much more for your money, more power circuits and relays and wiring (some GM stuff though). If he says its a gooder then I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Where do these kits start at? The fuse box? Or, are these from the fire wall foward? I am looking to re wrie from the fire wall forward.

The highway 22 you wire both the box and the end points. It gives you more options of where to mount the box and how to run the wires. The hwy 22 also comes with connectors to rebuild your light sockets, new headlights sockets that you wire so you can get the perfect length ( no use putting all new wires in you car only to leave a foot of old wires going to the light sockets )new headlights and highbeam switches. It's a very complete kit. You wire the connectors so you can run the wires how you want.

What do you want from the firewall forward? Year one sells engine and wiped harnesses. Plug and play.

-
Back