Wiring Harnesses

-

whitepunkonnitro

Reaction score
these are brand new harnesses, I do not sell used harnesses, because they are a bad as the one you may have
mopar charlie

So, let me ask you. If a used harness, that is made from known quality wire and insulation shows no cuts, burns, splices or other damage, in what way is it bad??? Or, as bad as a damaged one that is being replaced?
Are your harnesses constructed of only known quality materials sourced completely inside the USA as the originals were?
We all know the quality of bulk materials purchased from China. Can you tell us where your wire, insulation, wrapping, plugs, connectors, fuse blocks and bulkheads originated from?

the original harness are 47 years old, they may look good, but they are too old, too much heat, the connections are brittle, and wires are corrouded, you can't see because of the
shielding. the new harness are made in the USA, so if you are looking for a fire, then that's going to happen.

If you value your classic car, you will need a new harness, I work on only classic MOPARS, when I replace my customers wiring harnesses, I cut the old wiring shielding, there is the "green color damage, resulting in high voltage, and de graded wiring

the original harness are 47 years old, they may look good, but they are too old, too much heat, the connections are brittle, and wires are corrouded, you can't see because of the
shielding. the new harness are made in the USA, so if you are looking for a fire, then that's going to happen.

If you value your classic car, you will need a new harness, I work on only classic MOPARS, when I replace my customers wiring harnesses, I cut the old wiring shielding, there is the "green color damage, resulting in high voltage, and de graded wiring

Your harnesses are " made" in the USA, but where do the materials they are made from originate?
Back in the early 80, Ford started sourcing its wires from overseas vendors. After about 5 years of normal use, the dyes used began to react with the low grade copper, and the insulation would literally crumble away like chalk.
How do we know the wire used in these aftermarket harnesses won't do the same thing?
Can you show us any pics of underdash harnesses that have wires showing no external damage but have green copper underneath?

made of very high quality cooper wire, not chinese junk, better quality then original wire

I DO NOT SELL JUNK PARTS, NOT NOW OR EVER.

I sell hundreds of wiring harnesses, never had any problems or complaints I used these on my personal 68 dart

I have been working on classic mopars for the past 40 years, I do have the experience, no bs

Where could I find your website. May be interested in doing my 65 barracuda after painting and reassembly. I know some of the wires should be replaced and would be better to replace all instead of cutting and splicing.
Thanks

What in the HELL started this mess?

Money.

Tony is right, American made materials are far superior and a new harness made out of inferior material can be dangerous and less likely to last.

1968hemidart is right, the forty year old harness in most of our cars is full of internal corrosion, brittle connectors, and can be dangerous and less likely to last.

The thing Tony is after is, will this harness match the original for longevity, quality, and safety? He's not saying the harness being sold is junk, but he wants to know where the source materials originated. I get the distinct impression that Tony's motivation with question originates in a potential competitor to the original harnesses that we all know that Tony sells.

Tony, your harnesses are forty years old. They were made from "the good stuff" and I wish I could buy miles of that stuff. that said, they're 40 years old and people need to know the risks associated with an original harness, and you might tell people how to MEASURE a harness to KNOW for sure it's ok inside.
68hemidart, Tony has asked a legit question about where your component parts come from, and you kinda dodged the question to reassure us that your product is good. That isn't helping. Be direct. If your wires aren't USA made, come clean. I'm more likely to buy it, even if I hate import stuff, if I know EXACTLY what I'm getting. Many people need what you sell, even if the wires(or whatever) aren't the greatest, because money/driver/ate-up-forty-year-old-harness. I'm not saying what's in your harness, but neither are you.

But you guys aren't going after the same people. Tony's got an original harness. You can't buy that at a store. 68 has a new harness, and its better than most of what's out there. Make peace, make friends, and you both can make money.

and the fact is, why is this even here? Get along and be nice.

Maybe I need to write an article about voltage drops.

I'm asking because I have been talking with a company in Cali. that makes harnesses for Year One and others. As everyone else, I'd like to get the best quality for the best price, so I am also interested in where Charlie's supplies come from. If his are better quality for a similar price, I will probably buy from him.

good question. i'm lost. is this part of another thread or something???

Yes, this started in another thread, and it was in response to him insinuating that using an OE Harness was akin to dousing your car with gas and throwing a match.
I take exception, not because I sell this stuff, but because I live with it every day...drive it myself every day, and absolutely KNOW the materials used in the OE harnesses is of Superior quality to just about anything made today.
Don't be talking **** about OE Mopar and not expect me to throw my two cents in.
Now, about the stuff these repro harnesses are made from...simple question, just answer it...where is it from???

I would rather use OE than any other. Even old OE. That being said I can make my own wiring harness. And I do, when needed.

I need an under dash harness for my 68 Cuda.
The m&h harness from yearone is $520!!!!

Subscribed

that would be M&H

And you can actually buy the correct battery cables directly from them as opposed to going through a middleman. They have all the diagrams and measurements for each battery cable. I have a 65 positive cable from them and it is spot on.

And you can actually buy the correct battery cables directly from them as opposed to going through a middleman. They have all the diagrams and measurements for each battery cable. I have a 65 positive cable from them and it is spot on.

Too bad you can't buy the harnesses directly....YO says the harness for my car is 60-90 days out

Too bad you can't buy the harnesses directly....YO says the harness for my car is 60-90 days out

When I talked with Robert at M & H, he said YO has an exclusive contract with them for the under dash and engine harnesses. He also mentioned that they were one of many wiring harness vendors that supplied OEM harnesses "back in the day"

I bought an M&H engine compartment harness for my 67. It appeared to be spot on, and compared to my 40 year old brittle original it was worth the price. Got it on discount for $125.

Now my interior dash harness might be 47 years old, however i clipped, stripped crimped and soldered all new packard 56 terminals on it, and ohmed it out against a wiring schematic to make sure it was pinned back correctly. i must be lucky, as when i clipped the old ends off and stripped the wire back i didnt find any green corrosion, just a bit of tarnished copper. A little apple cider vinegar to clean it enough so that it could be soldered.

This harness was unwrapped and inspected through its length for any damage either melted wires, cracking insulation etc, then rewrapped with the non sticky vinyl tape as it originally was.

So with inspecting and mending along with ohming it out and rewrapping it, does this make mine a fire hazard too ??

Matt

I bought an M&H engine compartment harness for my 67. It appeared to be spot on, and compared to my 40 year old brittle original it was worth the price. Got it on discount for $125.

Now my interior dash harness might be 47 years old, however i clipped, stripped crimped and soldered all new packard 56 terminals on it, and ohmed it out against a wiring schematic to make sure it was pinned back correctly. i must be lucky, as when i clipped the old ends off and stripped the wire back i didnt find any green corrosion, just a bit of tarnished copper. A little apple cider vinegar to clean it enough so that it could be soldered.

This harness was unwrapped and inspected through its length for any damage either melted wires, cracking insulation etc, then rewrapped with the non sticky vinyl tape as it originally was.

So with inspecting and mending along with ohming it out and rewrapping it, does this make mine a fire hazard too ??

Matt
You must have a death wish man...that old wire can just jump up and sizzle your *** anytime. It's old..its dangerous!!!

You must have a death wish man...that old wire can just jump up and sizzle your *** anytime. It's old..its dangerous!!!

Oh damn sounds scary. Is it less dangerous because the engine compartment harness, and the rear lamp/ body harness are brand new year one pieces.

I trust my work, and the cleanliness of the wires, and solder joints, but just in case, i will need to keep a snake bite kit for them old ornery wires.

M&H harnesses are excellent quality!

They do not make all of original harnesses!

Year One was smart to make explicit deals with them. Good business! Tough prices for us!

We still need originals because that is all there is!

If you have a harness Year One does not list, M&H will make it for you if you provide the original. They will return your original with the new harness. Win/Win in my book!

I see the need for both!

I wanted to be comfortable that I would be safe from an electrical fire and bought the best from Year One. They are 30 minutes away for me which negates the ridiculous shipping charges.

M&H made the others I could not, and were reasonable in my opinion.

I used some that were NOS like readily available aka the trunk light harnesses.

There is no single source answer I am aware of.

You can always go with the other custom build options or your own solutions. But if your goal is restoration then M&H or original are the only solutions I have seen with my eyes I would trust!

-
Back