Wiring HEI coil

-

PatrioticMopar

Reaction score
Ok my lovelies,

This should be the last time I bug you all before firing up and breaking in the 318.

I installed a new HEI distributor with an internal module. I have it wired up, but I know I need to run a wire from the positive side of the coil to 12v power.

My question is do I hook it to continuous run voltage (blue) or the start voltage (brown) thanks!!

0A58E4C1-F2DF-4BFA-9466-B0C3BBE7C505.png

You have to hook the brown and the original "run" wire together, bypass the original resistor

This is because "run" goes dead during start. Brown is the resistor bypass circuit and is live in start

One "easy" way to do this is to route the original coil+ wire to the new coil +, branch that off to the dist. power connector as well. Then bypass the coil resistor

You have to hook the brown and the original "run" wire together, bypass the original resistor

This is because "run" goes dead during start. Brown is the resistor bypass circuit and is live in start

One "easy" way to do this is to route the original coil+ wire to the new coil +, branch that off to the dist. power connector as well. Then bypass the coil resistor
Thanks for the response. So just to make sure I understand it right, I want to combine Ign1 and Ign2 and run that wire to the coil? That way it has power on startup and running?

Thanks for the response. So just to make sure I understand it right, I want to combine Ign1 and Ign2 and run that wire to the coil? That way it has power on startup and running?

Damn Del, you are on it tonight.:D

Believe me I "make up for it" other times LOL

I know what you mean.
Been so wrapped up in shooting video for YouTube only to trash the whole last 25-30 video sections from Friday because my mic didn’t record audio.
Then I can only stare at the phone for so long at a time putting the sections together.
After doing that for hours I can’t look at the screen for awhile, so FABO gets put on the back burner.

-
Back