wish i had never mentioned fabo calendar

-
Hey that’s a thought! Do a calendar of un-finished cars. Every calendar I have ever seen weas either rusted out field cars or shiny finished beauties. How about somewhere in-between?

I like this idea a lot, I think progress shows a lot of character for the car and those who devote their time to it! Anyone can buy a finished product and put it on a calendar, progress pics are what really shows the dedication!

I like this idea a lot, I think progress shows a lot of character for the car and those who devote their time to it! Anyone can buy a finished product and put it on a calendar, progress pics are what really shows the dedication!

It could be done with a smaller "before" picture and a larger "current" picture.

Don't forget there must be a fair representation of ladies... caucasian, Asian, Eskimo, Latina, Native American, African American, Aboriginal, Pacific Islander...sorry, I have an odd sense of humor. It's admirable to think of ways to generate income for FABO.

Calendars always remind me off all the stuff I should have gotten done but keep putting off!!

Can we have a calender with no monday's???I took my girl to see the firework's in the duster,we both sat on the car and lounged back against the window..no dent's..hmmmm wonder how that happens??when I take my dawg places and dont want her to run off I stick her on the roof of the waggin.I had a few people freak out about it but I casually told em it's her playpen on wheel's.I haven't seen what's left of the calender thread .........yet,but why be stuck with 12 pic's? we have enough members here to put a pic for everyday of the year and then some,anybody wan't to submit a pic with them in it should be all good,send a release.pic with your squids in the car or helpin ya work on the car should be good too,I'd consider pic's with the yungins in it tasteful and would show the family atmosphere of f.a.b.o.there are so many aspect's of the people here at f.a.b.o.that are very tasteful and just show the comraderie and family tightness we have here....yes I have seen a few tasteless thing's posted and as far as that goes the only thing word wise I have seen was the f word or g-d in a normal thread,on the other hand my favorite thread by scamp 360 has the f word every sentence but it was placed in the proper forum,and evereytime I do plumbing I think of it LoL.i'll go check what's left of the calender thread and make sure I didn't install my foot in my mouth now :cheers: seriously,just keep it tastful for all ages and genders and it should be a hit!!! maybe a joke on each page at the bottom,maybe a page with pic's of members at candid moment's,maybe throw in a page with some of the threads that show the good in life that will touch anyone's heart...we have all of that here.....all of that!!!

My hood is fiberglass and matte black, and will not dent.
I think it could handle anything up to 120 pounds dispersed in various manners....e'h ladies?????
Just keep off my freaking fenders, they were a ***** to get straight.LOL.

Every month does not have to have a pretty lady and a car as the feature does it? When you get all of the pictures together, simply choose the best ones for the idea that you are trying to get accross. Choose the pictures on merit alone. If a pretty lady is proud of her car or her husbands car or whatever, she should feel free to pose with it, on it or whatever. If it's the best of the bunch it'll be the feature, if not it won't. Just keep it tasteful and professional and your chances are good that it might get picked. I personally thought that a feature car every month is a good idea, surrounded by other cars of that same model in various stages of restoration was a good idea. Or maybe the feature car surrounded by pics of the progress it took to get it to the feature car stage. I know my wife would pose with her car willingly, she is very proud of it and she's a pretty girl. Nella too, she's always willing to pose with "sunfish" for a picture or 2. Just keep it tasteful and professional, even if it is just a little over the line!! Geof and Nella

It's akin to putting an engine in a gal's car, then have her go do burnouts in some motel parking lot afterwards.
Nothing says "Thank You" like abusing something you put gratuitous work into.

Well.... if it can't handle that, I guess I didn't build the engine properly. Nothing's more fun than bouncing the tac off the big 6 or 7 :toothy10:

Many years ago I had a 340 built by a local machine shop. Cost me alot of money way back then. I was babying it for a few weeks when I left the car running with a "friend" inside the car while I was talking to another friend at the rear of the car. Dude inside, sitting in the front passenger seat, looks out the back window at us as he revs the engine a little. The two of us outside the car just grin and give him the thumbs up. We go back to chatting. Next thing we hear is the engine screaming and we watch in horror as the needle of the AutoGauge tach swings past 8,000 right around to the 0. Dude inside the car sees our faces and hops outta the car and books it. We couldn't find him for a week. As for the engine..... it never worked better. He musta really freed it up! I can laugh about it now.

Wylde1.

If you need any quotes on printing let me know! I know of more than a few shops who need the work! LOL!

Hey that’s a thought! Do a calendar of un-finished cars. Every calendar I have ever seen weas either rusted out field cars or shiny finished beauties. How about somewhere in-between?

My idea is a theme for each month. 1 month Race cars, Another month Projects, Another Darts, ect. 3-5 cars per month. cars per moth.

My idea is a theme for each month. 1 month Race cars, Another month Projects, Another Darts, ect. 3-5 cars per month. cars per moth.
i like this kinda lets everybody on lets do it

My point is we only have 3 or 4 female members that are interested. What are you going to do about the other 8 months in the year ?

Also if you dont lime my suggestion that is fine. Feel free to make your own calender but leave the fabo name off of it.

Adam If wanted to make my own calendar which I do not. Why would I put FABO's name on it. Chill out man.

I will support/ buy the calender anyway it is made. Now concerning women, I love them all Blonde, Red, Strawberry, Black, Brown and all color hair there is and have date some of all of them. I just do not like them on MYCAR, on anybody elses car it is up to the owner.

Originally Posted by AdamR

I like your idea Adam. Cannot wait to see it.

wow. I haven't seen this many grown men whine about something this much in a long time. If any body needs a calender go to WalMart. If I see the calender and I like it, I'll buy it. If not, guess what...

Actually, I'll relent here just a bit. :D

I say take pics of unfinished (ugly) cars with not-so-pretty PEOPLE draped, sprawled, sitting, drinking beer, barfing, etc. on them.
I'll go first, let me put on a half-tank-top and some spandex, and make my Month December, because I wanna' save the best for last!
I'll use the carhauler in the pic here, and I'll lay out seductively blowing a kiss, while on the roof, because it's already dented all to hell, anyway.

Just trying to be fair! :lol:

Mark.

DSCI0001_7.JPG

It's not a huge biggy but could we at least have the calender discussion in the other thread so we dont have two going at once?

Actually, I'll relent here just a bit. :D

I say take pics of unfinished (ugly) cars with not-so-pretty PEOPLE draped, sprawled, sitting, drinking beer, barfing, etc. on them.
I'll go first, let me put on a half-tank-top and some spandex, and make my Month December, because I wanna' save the best for last!
I'll use the carhauler in the pic here, and I'll lay out seductively blowing a kiss, while on the roof, because it's already dented all to hell, anyway.

Just trying to be fair! :lol:

Mark.

But Mark, I think that truck is beautiful!

I was going to take a picture of myself laying on the beach in a speedo for the ladies, but some do gooders keep rolling me in the water and yelling "Swim Namu swim!" Whats up with that?

I like to see a girl with coveralls on a grinder in her hand and some grease smeared on her cheek. (the one by her nose) That's my kind of mopar Babe!

I was going to take a picture of myself laying on the beach in a speedo for the ladies, but some do gooders keep rolling me in the water and yelling "Swim Namu swim!" Whats up with that?

Thank you for my morning coffee through the nose!!

-
Back