WIW 64 Barracuda

-

Scampin

Reaction score
I started working for an autobody shop last Sept. Aparently my deep mopar attraction came through loud and clear as an older gentleman that had worked there for a long while came to talk to me about an old barracuda he has in his garage.
The story goes he bought it in 74 with 48000 miles on it. The car would run great then all of a sudden stall out, after he let it sit it would start and run normally. Well he put it in his garage in 75 after putting only 200 miles on it, planning on fixing it when it got warmer. His wife got pregnant, he got other projects, there it has sat in the same spot. I haven't seen it yet, but he says it has zero rust, chromes superb, backseat in the interior has a hole from a mouse getting in there sometime in the early 90's.
Black exterior, Red interior, 273, 4spd.
He wants me to make an offer, It sounds like a nice car and I really would like to have it but I don't think it could be worth too much, especially considering the work it will need to be roadworthy after sitting for 35 yrs.
What do you guys think?

see if you can get him to give you a starting price and go from there.The 66 I gave to pop's started out with a 3500$ price tag and after gitting to know the guy he told me 1500$ which was a no brainer

I think this says it all! perhaps you will get really lucky and it is a commando 273!
if he wont give you an asking price go look at the car and offer him half what you think its worth that should be high enough not to insult or pis him off but low enough so that if he says yes you still get a killer deal

Well I finally lucked out... His daily driver broke down at his house. Asked me to go look at it for him. Had that figured out and fixed within 5mins. Spent 3hrs looking at the 64 barracuda. Him and his father painted it in 77 black laquer. Paints checked in a few places, interior has shag carpet on the headliner, he painted under the hood and under the car hugger orange... Has thrush side pipes, air shocks, al. wheels. etc. But it is all there, no rust anywhere, all the trim and grille are damn near perfect. Perfect wood grain wheel, has an extra set of all the trim in the trunk he forgot was in there.
Gonna need the bumpers re-done. Pretty happy with the deal we struck. Hoping to get it to my house next weekend and hope to have it up and running asap.

I think this says it all! perhaps you will get really lucky and it is a commando 273!

It's a 64 so it probably doesn't have a Commando 273. Looking forward to seeing pics of this time capsule.

There will be plenty of pics when I pick it up this saturday. I promise to post them. I have ordered a few pieces I know I need, and I am sorry to say that the shag carpet is going to have to go. Having just restored a 71 duster, these parts are like finding a needle in a haystack. I have high hopes of getting this thing driveable for the show at saratoga chrysler on the 27th of this month. My wife thinks I am insane....

Oh, and for what I paid. I think it was a fair price, was hard to beat him down cause I work with him, he thought it should be worth around 5g's, I got him to 2500 and I think it was a fair deal for both of us.

Another one saved! No rust to worry about and deal with, and a 4-speed....sweet!

4 speed early a Barracuda :blob::blob: 0 rust :cheers: congratulations...:hello2:

Well I finally got the barracuda home today. Car was pretty well packed in there. It's in about the condition I thought it was. Had some nice suprises in the trunk. Lots of hard to find trim extras. If I can find a carb kit, I hope to have it running soon.

P1010323.jpg

P1010325.jpg

P1010327.jpg

P1010330.jpg

P1010337.jpg

P1010332.jpg

P1010339.jpg

P1010336.jpg

P1010340.jpg

Got it home, started tearing into it. Want to see if it will run. Valvecovers rusted pretty good, but all signs indicate she will live.

P1010343.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

DSCN0092.jpg

Looks great. Awsome find. Have fun with it and keep on sharing.

Never seen a fuzzy steering column before. :D Looks like a really solid car to start with. I just picked up a 65 a few weeks ago and got it running after sitting for 20 years.

nice score!!
El-Vira mistress of the dark comes to mind!! black & orange.

that looks to be a fair deal keep the progress pictures coming ,Lawrence

-
Back