WIW, '70 Valiant, 42,*** mi.

-

MOBodyman

Reaction score
It belongs to an aunt of the owner of a local GM dealer. Since I'm the local 'Mopar guy" he wants me to bid on it as they are selling it. His aunt is in her mid 80s and they won't let her drive anymore. She is actually the second owner who got it from another family member many years ago. I'm trying to figure out how much to bid. The car has some good qualities but also some bad. It only has 42,*** miles on it and has no rust that I could see. It's a /6, 3 speed on the column. The only option is a radio, which still works! It has all original paint except for one fender. Of course, it's that lovely F4 green metallic! No rips or tears in the interior ( L2F8 ) except the rubber floor mat has a hole on the driver side and the dash pad is cracked. Still has the trunk mat (nice), jack, and spare. Still has 2 bias-ply tires on the front. It has always been garaged so the original paint is decent. It's an Oklahoma car so it has accumulated quite a bit of dust in the past 39 years. Grille is nice. The bad: front bumper is bent in the middle, the right fender is bent, the right rear door is scraped, the right quarter is scraped hard back by the taillight. There is a couple of light scrapes on the left side also, and a couple of dents in the trunk lid. I guess this is what you call 'garage rash'. Runs good but hasn't been driven much in the past 2 years.
I plan to look at it again tomorrow and give them a bid on it. I think if I owned it all I would do is give it a thorough maintenance, detail it, put a new set of tires on it, and drive it.
Sorry I don't have pics but the above description pretty much covers everything. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.
TIA for your opinions,
Dallas

:-\" I hate to bump this so soon but I was hoping to get a couple of responses before I bid on it tomorrow. :clock:
Dallas

I'm also very interested to find out, as it seems very hard to put a price on some of these older, high production, low mileage "grandma" cars.

I get the idea that is gonna be in the closed bid to local wholesalers that their used car dept. holds weekly. If I'm right there is the reason he wants you to bid on it. Their other regular bidders dont want it but would steal it given the chance. Bid 700.00 and it's yours.

-
Back