WIW ~ '74 Dodge D100 Adventurer

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
I honestly am not planning on getting rid of my truck soon unless I am offered a trade on another Mopar daily driver, but I have always wondered what its worth as it sits, the '74 Dodge D100 Adventurer SWB that it is. I could never really put my finger on it. Well, here's what's been done to her since I have owned her. I decided I'd write this like I was actually serious about selling it to get an honest value.

Rebuilt dizzy with performance springs
Summit 6901 cam
Crane Cam valve springs
bronze valve guides on '79 318 smog heads with three way valve job
heads surfaced 5 thousandths
Felpro blue stripe head gaskets
Hooker headers
M/T valve covers
New round back alternator
A/C delete
RPM Air Gap
Holley 650 vac sec carb
Echlin ignition module
NGK plugs
New oil pump and rear main seal
New gaskets everywhere
All on a '73 318 block. Crosshatch on the cylinders was beautiful and the cam and rear main bearings looked beautiful when visible. Less than 4,000 miles since top end was gone thru.

727 transmission freshly rebuilt professionally by C&R Transmissions of Milledgeville, GA about 2,400 miles ago with a stage 2 shift kit and a factory high stall. Has a 12 month/ 12,000 mile warranty on it and its been 3 months since it was rebuilt.

NOS right taillamp assembly installed
Stewart Warner Maximum Performace 5" tach
busted up SunPro oil pressure gauge mounted on cowl
AutoMeter UltraLite water temp gauge
New wiper motor and rebuilt wiper linkage
Optima Red Top
Dual 2.5" exhaust done by Lord's Performance of Buford, GA with two Thrush 2.5" glasspacks

Factory equipped with power disc brakes, power steering, and an 8 3/4 with a 3.23 open geared 489 case.

This truck is driven every day, rain or shine. I love this truck and don't rag it out.

The problems the truck has:
Leaky oil pressure line that leaks oil on the hood
Right tail light doesn't work (trying to fix that)
Oil pan leaks some (bout to get fixed as it ticks me off)
Rust in floors, door bottoms, and some in fender bottoms.
Gas gauge doesn't read correctly
Front suspension needs to be gone through(already have a complete PST polygraphite kit to do this, just nowhere to do it yet)
speedo cable could use a lil dry lube
needs new shocks
Needs some body work indefinitely, but she's still pretty to me

And here's some pics to round it off. Id like to get some honest opinions
gHpfTBA.jpg

VrSPX0D.jpg

0UaW3dk.jpg

G2UvMya.jpg

v9iUi6P.jpg

DvbNRNf.jpg

wqeuT7C.jpg

M7vRO2z.jpg

T1CfSFm.jpg

cF7BCgD.jpg

gau1KPZ.jpg

nNEroGA.jpg

it seems its in okay shape, but needs lots of TLC on the body; but heck I've seen much worse

I would say $2500-$3500, I've seen some really nice ones that need very little for $5000-$6000

to give you an example
before I moved to Texas from California I didn't want to deal with having the truck shipped
so I put it on the market (craigs and fleabay)
engine and tranny both had freshly been rebuilt stock with less than 1,000 miles on them
then it went straight to body shop where it sat for 6 months getting fresh Omni paint
fixed all the rust
added true duals

i was asking $4,500
got like two sniffs and that's it
the market for our 73+ Dodge is VERY tough
if we had 67-72 Chevy it would be easy to fetch 4,000-6,000 for the condition your truck is in

I see trucks like yours from time to time from 800 to 1,500
I wouldn't give anymore than 1,000 tho
why?
my "heart" is just not there and neither is the resale if I ever needed to do that

this is 14k tho (thems Chevy prices!)
http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/saint-louis/1974/dodge/d200-S5746.html

I could see 1800 to 2500 for it. And I really like your truck too
I say that price because of the floor board rot and that she leaks oil

My brother traded a Big Dog Harley custom for a nice original paint 77 318 Warlock 4x4. IMO the truck was nicer than the bike. Bike was pretty but didn't ride right or run right. IMO that was a $4500 deal.

After that played out (I won't bore you), he bought a nearly mint original paint 1986 short bed slant 6 with working a/c and original wheels with dog dishes. Only one rust area about 2 inches on roof gutter, and 95% show quality cloth interior for $3000.

HAHA ...the finger blocking the plate is funny.....and that was an idea I would have never thought of LOL :thumblef:

-
Back