WIW: RB "906" heads

-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a couple sets of big block 906 heads im taking to the swap meet in october. I dont have much experience with big block stuff and would like to know what they are worth. Original heads off engines that will need to be redone. So what are core 906 heads bringing these days?
I also have a pair of "902" heads.
Are stock 440 intakes worth anything?

People either want 906 or 915 big block heads, sometimes 452s. Not a ton of value due to the cost of rebuilding them, but probably $100-200 per set depending on how they look. The intake year matters, as well, but AVS/Holley intakes ('67-70, maybe '71) are worth around $50, in my opinion.

I cant find the intake number in galens pocket book. It is 2208000 and all I can find is a 2206000. Its off a 66 440.
I will ask $100pr for the heads.

20210920_173853.jpg

If its a 6 then its a casting flaw. The loop is completely closed in.

I have a couple sets of big block 906 heads im taking to the swap meet in october. I dont have much experience with big block stuff and would like to know what they are worth. Original heads off engines that will need to be redone. So what are core 906 heads bringing these days?

The Intake will sell on eBay for about $100, Untouched, non rusty 906's $100-$200

I will slap $50 on the intake and see how it goes. I also have a thermoquad style 440 intake to sell.

If its a 6 then its a casting flaw. The loop is completely closed in.
Give it a few good rakes w/a wire brush, it'll pop. Plus the upper/lower loop proportions are the first clue, top is distinctly smaller, an "8" is near or identical top & bottom. Good luck with the sales!

I agree its a 6, just doesnt look like one as cast. I hit it with a wire brush and it still looks almost like an 8 to me. Anyways, the number does fit the application I pulled it off which was a 66 440.

what’s the letter in the casting on the bottom of the head?

Dont know. I have these packed in the trailer ready for the swap meet.

-
Back