Wonder if this style of Dodge van racing will catch on in the states

-

PST

Marketing Manager
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
I found it very interesting but odd at the same time. Are these the next pro-touring vehicles ????

They can road race theirs but I can't make road trips with my 94's without the axles howling after. My current 94 sounds like an air raid siren if I cruise below 70mph.

Howling????? Just turn the radio up louder. Problem solved.

wow pretty cool who would have thought. mostly all Dodges too! I guess when you dont have some cool a bodies around race the vans lol

I've done some modest suspension mods to my '77 B200 Sportsman camper, such as oversized Hellwig sway bars front and rear, faster ratio steering box and bigger shocks. It's pretty amazing how flat it stays in the corners, and it's no longer affected by crosswinds nearly as much as it was. However, the big sway bars really increase the overall spring rate so it rides a little on the rough side, but not too bad.

The engine is a built 360 with forged pistons and rods; balanced; and with ported "J" heads. Unfortunately this van is California smog-controlled, so the biggest cam I could use was the Mopar dual pattern 260 - 268 degree stick. It goes fairly well.

Maybe you can tell that I really like my van!

(edit) That's not rust on the front bumper in the first picture; just reflections. The van is actually pretty cherry and has mostly its original paint. I have owned it since new.

3-34-2014.jpg

van1.jpg

-
Back