wondering why i am having so much trouble locating a alternator

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
I am looking for a 50-60 amp single field alternator single pulley if possible . but every time I order 1 it comes with 2 fields . I just need an upgraded for my 65 barracuda any 1 that can help please contact me thru pm please . 1 rebuilt I got came locked up from auto zone 2 field also though 1 drom car quest reman had a squeeling bearing also 2 field Does some 1 out there have a single field single ground , possibly single pulley HELP asap winstoninwisc

They are all one (single) field......just some ground internally in the alternator and some ground in the voltage regulator (thus the second terminal). You can use one with two terminals by running an external ground wire from one terminal and put your field wire on the other.

do you have a picture I am not following , both are marked field on the alternator 1 is skinny I can put my green wire on it the other is fat I have no clip for that

worse the problem they took my original for a core
or I would have just had it rebuilt here in Madison by a alternator and starter rebuilder nowthey just told me they sent I to the wrong store it wont be here until monday

-
Back