wont go into park 73 duster

-

willchrisg

Reaction score
Sorry in advanced if this is in the wrong section but I'm new to the a body community and always loved dusters so today I went out and bought a 73 with a 318 and 3 speed auto tranny love it so far but have a problem it won't go into park or even start in park it only starts in neutral which kinda makes me think it might be the neutral safety switch? Any ideas?

Sounds like how my dart done after took column loose and put it back, I'm thinking It may need adjusting under the car or unbolting the bolts on the bottom of the steering column some & tilting the top of column to the left a little, but not much, but after doing that see if you got first gear, you got try & get it wear you got both 1st & Park!

Since we don't know if the steering column has been moved, don't mess with it yet. Trans R&R, header install, other stuff moved around, we don't know.
First thing to do is look for all the little plastic bushings in the linkage. You might find a new bushing is all you need.
The service manual is your best guide.

im sure its a linkage adjustment.it wont start in gear will it?if not ns switch is ok.

Won't start in gear so yea u righ nss is good I wouldn't doubt steering wheel has been moved bu I'll check the bushing out were can I get one if its bad

-
Back