Wooped a Ricer...

-

Intense-Dakota

Reaction score
Ok, well I have to admit that I got that itch tonight on my way home from work. I was heading home real late (about 12:45am) in my dart. And when leaving a stop light (this is on a 6 lane road with no traffic in sight) this silver Subaru WRX STI gets beside me and jumps on it. Well, I have not had the Dart to the track yet and I just got the new headers and X-pipe in so I havent ran it much even just drivers, So im not sure how well it will pull. So, I figure WHAT THE HELL, lets do this.. Right off the bat, I pull him: First gear he's at my front quarter, second gear at my door and when I hit 3rd he just starts drifting back slowly. We run for just under about a 1/4 mile and I decide I have won and let off.

Now, I was a little impressed if I do say so myself. Considering that the WRX Sti runs a 13.4 quarter stock (14.2 with a crappy driver). My dart is way out of tune, has a mild cam and is running on 92 octane. I do think my saving grace was the single plane intake and the X-pipe, becuase at about 3000 she just opens up and keeps going stong through about 6000 rpms.

I just love the look on these kids faces when they loose to GOOD OLD AMERICAN (MOPAR) MUSCLE.... Now, I know there are gonna be a few people that are gonna say "leave it at the track" and trust me, I normally do, by this just had to be done and I figured it was a fairly safe time to do it.

sweet! whats the build on the motor? I had a wrx until the last 100feet or so my last outing, a lot rides on the driver. those things are quick, but will definately never have the cool factor of a v8 roaring!

nice work!

well, the engine I am not 100% about internals, because it was done before I got it, but this is what I do know...

318 .020 over
302 heads ported and polished
Mild Cam
Offenhauser single plane intake
Holley carb (havent been able to ID it yet)
Heddman Headers
Jegs X-Pipe
Flowmaster 40 series non-delta
904 w/ stock converter (and B&M Ratchet Pro Shifter)

In-the-works...

Electric fuel pump
jegs aluminum radiator and electric fan
Remove power stearing (flaming river manual gear box)
and maybe a little go-juice just for fun at the track.

You can check it out at My Dart Pictures website

Yeah and the great thing is you're making power with the engine, not force feeding it with a hairdryer. How much can they make without a power adder? Way to go.

Intense-Dakota said:
Ok, well I have to admit that I got that itch tonight on my way home from work. I was heading home real late (about 12:45am) in my dart. And when leaving a stop light (this is on a 6 lane road with no traffic in sight) this silver Subaru WRX STI gets beside me and jumps on it. Well, I have not had the Dart to the track yet and I just got the new headers and X-pipe in so I havent ran it much even just drivers, So im not sure how well it will pull. So, I figure WHAT THE HELL, lets do this.. Right off the bat, I pull him: First gear he's at my front quarter, second gear at my door and when I hit 3rd he just starts drifting back slowly. We run for just under about a 1/4 mile and I decide I have won and let off.

Now, I was a little impressed if I do say so myself. Considering that the WRX Sti runs a 13.4 quarter stock (14.2 with a crappy driver). My dart is way out of tune, has a mild cam and is running on 92 octane. I do think my saving grace was the single plane intake and the X-pipe, becuase at about 3000 she just opens up and keeps going stong through about 6000 rpms.

I just love the look on these kids faces when they loose to GOOD OLD AMERICAN (MOPAR) MUSCLE.... Now, I know there are gonna be a few people that are gonna say "leave it at the track" and trust me, I normally do, by this just had to be done and I figured it was a fairly safe time to do it.

Nice. i never get tired of hearing these stories. My buddy has an Evo VIII RS, the stripped model with the aluminum roof. My goal is to build to beat his car.

CRAP! I just about **** my pants and spit my dinner out laughing at that. I keep giving my buddy crap about his WRX and he ran 14.04 ( I got to give him credit though it was his first time at the strip). I had to print this so I can mess with him. Who's going to be the first /6 to beat one now? LMAO

Good job.Thats a stout little 318.Those WRX's are no slouch.I can't wait to try one with my 318 powered 66 Cuda

-
Back