Working with 3D printing replacement early A-body parts

-
I think if you're going to do this, you're going to need to put pictures of the actual product instead of a pic of the model use to create it. Show people what they are actually paying for.

Good luck
I've added pictures of the prototypes I printed at home to the catalog listing.

Let me know when you want to Print some rear quarters. I'll try them out for you!
At first I laughed... then I realized some of the stainless steel fender trim might seriously be a candidate for printing. Larger sheet metal probably won't be economical to print, but I'll see what pricing looks like for smaller metal trim pieces first before I say never. But hey, if I print stainless steel quarter panels, at least they ought to hold up well if anyone wants to pay what they'd cost! :D

2.25 vent bottom low res.jpg

2.25 vent top low res.jpg

I would expect if they can 3d print aircraft parts on an aircraft carrier that we should be able to print some trim parts for our old cars.

I have made quite a few parts in the last few years for my cars. As far as them not lasting I probably agree if you are using them on a car you use daily but for many of us our cars are treated better than some of our family members and only see any real environment less than 20 hours a year. Plus if you have a choice of a 3D printed part or nothing buy 2 or 3 of them and just change them out when they fail.

Last edited:
heater delete plate plz. thank you.
That's an interesting one. I've been thinking about the center section of the dash since it often gets cut up for radios. I could do ones that have a blank section for the radio and/or the heater as well as any other delete parts.

I tried to do a glove box insert; unfortunately it was too large for the print farm's plastic extrusion equipment and would need to be an extremely expensive SLA resin piece if I did that. So next up will be armrests, but I can definitely put together something for heater deletes as well.

That's an interesting one. I've been thinking about the center section of the dash since it often gets cut up for radios. I could do ones that have a blank section for the radio and/or the heater as well as any other delete parts.

I tried to do a glove box insert; unfortunately it was too large for the print farm's plastic extrusion equipment and would need to be an extremely expensive SLA resin piece if I did that. So next up will be armrests, but I can definitely put together something for heater deletes as well.
if you need a guinea pig, i'm your huckleberry!

radio delete plates are fairly common and not outrageously expensive (for most cars). but i can see the appeal of a piece that covers up the injustices from a previous owner gacking up the dash. especially if you wanted to run a modern unit there.

heater delete plates seem to be few and far between.

I got a printer at work and it's been very useful for stuff like this. I'm going to try doing a tail light lens and see how that goes. Finally got one orginal one to work with
.......maybe the clear part of a 68 barracuda back up light lens !!!

-
Back