WorkKeys

-

BoredandStroked

Reaction score
Afternoon gentlemen! I was wondering if any of you older guys possibly in management, employing, or such, look up the Work Keys testing by us young students. If you dont know what they are it is a computered testing thing where us teenagers in the vocational fields take for reading and math. i was told employers would possibly give you a $1.50 rasie for each level 5 and above you completed. Is this true or is my half baked school board doing this to get money?

I am on here and not doing it as you can see, so far if this stuff is true I got an extra $5.50 raise possibly when I go to tech school

I've been in business since 1980, in California till 82 and in PA since then and have never heard this. At one point I had 80 employees.

It's not a widely used tool at this point in time. I currently work for Northrop Grumman and the division I am part of has no involvement but another division was part of the pilot program to determine the usefull ness of hiring certified workers.

My recomendation is any kind of certification or training you can get do it! It will never hurt but it may help.

True it wont hurt and I dont have a problem with it. But my messed up school wouldnt let me take any math after 9th grade until I was in 11th. So I basicly finished math in 9th grade which makes this a lil hard.

I got to asking questions today about it when I saw the head guy over this. I finally got it out of him that it isnt a wide spread thing YET and actually no one in the area is using it. Oh well, gives me time to talk to you guys when I am taking those tests.

-
Back