Works in progress.....

-

soaringcowman

Reaction score
Ok guys i'm not really a new member but have been on here for ahwile and have never posted pics of my car.

i love coming on here looking at all your cool rides and just down right beautiful mopars...but every time i look at them and then look at mine it makes me think "Wow i gotta a lot of work ahead of me". So i wanna see everyone elses "Work In Progress". or even your before pictures of your beautiful cars :)...

duster7-1.jpg

duster8-1.jpg

duster9-1.jpg

duster6-1.jpg

duster-1-1.jpg

Solid foundation, man! Good luck with your future endeavors.. what are your plans with it?

Also, don't feel bad, mine looks like a pile right now!

duster 09-07-09.jpg

i'm still piecing all my parts together to do a /6 to v8 swap. so far i've got a 360 commando, 727, and a 8 3/4 with 4.10 suregrip. Now i've just gotta figure out my rear end suspension I'm going with, front brakes, and a new radiator set up...

VERY nice! I have the pieces to convert mine to the BBP and discs... at least for the front... I will temporarily put another small 7 1/4 in it until i can afford a 8 3/4.....

What do you want to do with the radiator? I just got a stock one from rockauto.com

Nice Duster and a great place to start. toolmanmike

don't feel bad....it looks like you have a great foundation platform to go off of. I have seen worse. you could spiff that thing up to look very nice. Ill post up pictures of my dusters project. I bought it a little over a month ago and this is the progress I have made so far....sorry for all the pictures,just posting stages of my project......it can be done rather quickly (even with minimal money involved) as long as you set your mind to getting it done. anyhow,heres some stages of my 72 duster build from start up to a month into the project ( I have about 20 hours logged into it total)

DSCI0798.JPG

shrunk picture.JPG

backseat.JPG

dash.JPG

door panel.JPG

front seat.JPG

shrunk2.JPG

duster frontshrunk.jpg

8 3/4 suregrip 4.10 posi fresh build,pics of body work ....I knocked a bunch of dents out that were hiding under bondo,pictures of the interior when I started striping it all out,had a rust spot on the lower rear quarter I cut out and welded in a patch panel and some pictures of a bit of sanding

8an3quarter.jpg

duster body work.jpg

duster body work 2.jpg

duster body work 3.jpg

interior strip2.jpg

interior strip3.jpg

interiorstrip.jpg

patchpanel.jpg

sideprogress2.jpg

sideprogress.jpg

some pictures of it sitting outside while I was doing work on the interior and after I did some welding on the door where the old numper strips use to be,picture of the front end back on after wire wheeling and undercoating the framing and the inside of the fenders,pictures of the floor pans after I wire wheels the hole floor and got up any loose paint and surface rust....found some pin holes in drivers side pan so i cut up some patch panels and welded them in place and fixed the floor....then primed it and painted it and some pictures of my new plum crazy paint i jsut picked up and a test patch I sprayed to get a good idea of the color in action lol......anyhow,not trying to jack the thread,just showing the progress of my build so far...good luck on yours,you have a GREAT start on a cool car.

DSCI0209.JPG

DSCI0211.JPG

DSCI0210.JPG

frontendon.jpg

DSCI0204.JPG

DSCI0205.JPG

DSCI0206.JPG

DSCI0208.JPG

plumcrazyincan.jpg

plum crazy shrunk.jpg

I dont have any pictures of my Duster that show very much progress. I'm in the Midst of a Slant S%#t to 360 swap, just about ready to paint under the hood, and the engine comes back from the machine shop friday, so looking good to fire it up by new years. Car was my daily driver since the summer of 2005 and the second slant blew in february. I've already redone the interior and suspension, and with the body being pristine, drivetrain is next right?haha
I've been helping my father with the restoration of his 1970 Dodge Super Bee for the last 4 years. Car was his college driver/racer, and he went to the same school I'm attending now. Was a 383/4-speed car, but we blew up one of the 383's pistons trying to get it to fire for the first time in almost 30 years a couple years ago. Now its got a 426 Max Wedge along with the 4-speed. It drove under its own power for the first time in 30 years this past sunday morning. Video is after the link. Crank the speakers and enjoy.
I know its not an A-body...but it sure is sweet to see an old Mopar back driving again.
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd86/73duster47/?action=view&current=FirstDrive_0001.flv

awesome cars guys :), i like seeing works in progress, i think it's interesting to see how we have saved alot of these cars from better days...

Not sure on the radiator yet, i wanna get a nice Aluminum one that'll cool really good, my plans down the road is to build a real nice 408 in the next year. So everything i do i want it to all be compatible with the 408.

Big stroke, how do you get your signiture picture so damn big? lol....I cant figure it out. nice ride by the way,I think I have mentioned it before in a thread awhile back....but still.....nice ride

Thanks for the comment. Im not to sure why its so big lol. Im not to sure on how to resize it or if I can resize it.

Okay, I'll post one of mine in the works...actually it's going to be bedded in storage until I can get through a few others. Not really proud of the condition it's in, but it's actually in better shape than it looks from the pics. Owned the car since I was 16, proud of the fact she's mine. My '69 383-4bbl powered Sport Satellite 4dr.

poor Satellite 2.JPG

-
Back