World of Wheels or not???

-

swifter

Reaction score
I got a invitation to the World of Wheels car show here in Milwaukee for My 70 Duster,Don't know what to do???? Also the local dyno guy wants to sell,Install and tune a procharger system in the car before the car show so he can display it in his section,He said he is giving me a deal at $4000.00 for the complete system installed with the blow thru carb included ---What say you???? Thanks Steve

DO THE SHOW...I'LL BE THERE AS WELL....

GET THE SYSTEM...will u have it done in time for the show...did u send in your paper work yet...people are getting calls to be in...stop ove r and say hi when you are at the show...

wayne

DUDE I"M GOING! You gotta put a fabo sign up so when I go there I'll know you.

I have went to our local ISCA show many times.

Last year I thought I should put the car in and here is the reason why, $50 to enter the car, 2 passes for the 3 day show, a parking pass for the weekend and all the guys I see over the summer would be there so get to have some car chat time with friends.

It isn't about the show, trophies or work of cleaning and setting up the car, just the friendship of being with car guys. Meet some new ones and stay in contact with old friends.

Will be showing the Dart at the Louisville, KY Carl Casper show at the end of Feb. not going for any reason than to meet car guys from the area since I'm moving there this year.

Last year I half a*s cleaned the car, just going for FUN. My car wasn't in the best show location, didn't care, was there just for FUN. My car won best in class and on Sunday won BEST CUSTOM and $250 cash, most fun I've had in a long time and got paid for it.

Go for FUN isn't that what these cars are for?

anyone needing a trophy, let me know, I got plenty and what the hell can you do with that? I prefer wall plaques, they stack better in a box.

Hey, the cars don't need to run, buddy took his 69 Dart Swinger, we pushed it on a trailer and off at show. It never had brake fluid or gas put in since being put back together. He had my Cragers and some engine components on it to looked finished for the show. Rememebr, it is just for FUN. His car is really his wife's car she bought in 1970, he is a chevy guy, so it was more for her to see her car in the show than anything else.

I got a invitation to the World of Wheels car show here in Milwaukee for My 70 Duster,Don't know what to do???? Also the local dyno guy wants to sell,Install and tune a procharger system in the car before the car show so he can display it in his section,He said he is giving me a deal at $4000.00 for the complete system installed with the blow thru carb included ---What say you???? Thanks Steve

I say if He wants to promo His stuff in your car It should be a freebe no matter what the cost. This is advertising for him not you. You didn't go to Him . He offered it to you ,You'll be at the show no matter what.

If my car looked as good as yours it would be at every show I had time to go to.:glasses7:

I wouldn't know a good or bad deal on a procharger system, but if it IS a good deal and that is what you want ......sounds like a good time.

I say if He wants to promo His stuff in your car It should be a freebe no matter what the cost. This is advertising for him not you. You didn't go to Him . He offered it to you ,You'll be at the show no matter what.

tell him to install the system, totally free of charge, and you commit to let him show your car for the next 3 years, or something like that so you both WIN :supz:

We don't have World of Wheels around here anymore(closest one is Omaha about 3 hour drive). I was invited to bring my teardrop trailer to an inside show, similar to World of Wheels but all local cars, wasn't finished, but did some polishing in it and took it anyway. I say go for it! As far as the procharger, if he contacted you and wants to use your car for promotion, I would say it whould be at least half price if not free.

Thanks Guy's--Call me stupid but I declined this year BUT--Decided to build a new forged 5.7 with a .40 overbore and as we speak the car is coming home to start the tear down and procede forward--He told me the offer is open for any other cars shows and he'll stand by his price on the pro charger system,Will TRY to finally get pics to work here so you guy's can share in the motor build. We'll see what we can't get out of this motor!!!!!! Steve

Wait, so you are or aren't going. If not, that sucks. I was hoping to see it when we go there this year.

-
Back