Worlds fastest land vehicle

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
Wow, this guys must be a tad bit nutts to drive this.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-xj5C2m8&feature=related"]YouTube- Thrust SSC - Still The Fastest Land Vehicle[/ame]

I think you mistyped... you don't "drive" that thing, you strap your *** in and hold on for dear life until either you're dead, or it's over.

Can't you just see the look on Wile E. Coyote's face as that thing smoked by? WTF????
That run was even scarier than 'nap of the earth' flying. Imagine what a 'lizard strike' could have done!

so they had to actually lay that white line so the driver could determine a straight line. very insane. too bad they didn't get the thing breaking the sound barrier. wonder what it would have looked like with all that dust.

We are keeping our eyes on their next attempt - here in RSA I will be there come hell or High water

71DUSTAR If you listen very carefully you will hear it go through the sound barrier, and its British !!!!

The same team that built that one are doing another and it will go twice the speed of sound , I have seen a model and went to a presention , they are just trying to raise the funds for it , but who will drive the thing ????? they will need balls of steel !!!!

Did you notice when the driver got got out, he had his "carry on" bag with him...LOL.

Makes sense.

I bet it was full of toilet paper and a big "asspon."

I saw an interview with the pilot not long ago and he said they were aiming for 1,000 MPH!!:cheers:

i heard the vehicle break the sound barrier but wish they filmed it. you always see jets breaking it in the sky but on the ground i bet it would look different.

This entire video is fascinting to me. At 4:19 check out the sound waves produced as it is just below and/or at the speed of sound. This phenomenon is more visible in an aircraft from what I've read. Please note the jet below approaching the sound barrier.

f18.jpg

It also has do with moisture in the air someone told me. IDK, get me in the car and I'll letcha know.

-
Back