Worn out..........good or bad, got the Scamp off to "roof repair."

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I had found a guy up N of my old home town who can fix the roof on the Scamp. He seems to be well respected. Took the donor car up to a friend's a few weeks ago. Today was loooooooooooooong day for an old guy. Trailered the Scamp up there, then drove backtrack to my friend's house some 20 mi and loaded up the donor car (which is sitting on an old boat trailer LOL) and took it back up N of town. Then my friend and I went and ate lunch. I iz BEAT!!!

I know now why I used to hate vinyl tops. The top is rusted through several places along the top of the windshield, both C pillers are rusted through badly, and below the rear window. He has his work cut out

IMG_2349cs.JPG

IMG_1813cs.JPG

IMG_2600cs.JPG

The floors and trunk are dust, the rear quarts are close to that. The pretty much entire roof will have to be used to fix the scamp. Rear bumper looks "ok" from 20 ft but one end is pushed into the rear of the quarter. The upper parts are somewhat rust free the lower parts "close to the ground" are real junk. I would not want to trust the frame members for strength.

The boat trailer was a nice touch. lol

-
Back