Worst parts supplier ever

-

GreatCuda

Reaction score
I was curious about something. I recently bought a brake kit for my Cuda from a guy (Gearheads Enterprises and "Fatrodder" on Ebay) I found on Ebay. I wish I had made the actual transaction through ebay instead of calling him because I would have had more leverage for when this guy bent me over and shoved it in with sand.
The guy sent me rusty, unusable parts that were supposed to be new.
Then he sent me replacement parts that were just as rusty and unusable as the first ones only six days later while my car was on someone's lift.
The parts in the kit were the wrong ones and I had to replace them at my cost.
He and his employees lied to me repeatedly.
My car spent three weeks on a guy's lift while these guys were getting their thumbs out of their *** and it still isn't right by a long shot.
You might be thinking that this happens all the time but this guy and his crew were really special.
Totally inept, uncaring, devious, crooked, I could go on.
What I'd like to do is write down everything that happened from day one and share it with other people so that they don't get screwed like I did. I don't even need to exaggerate to make this guy look like S**t.
Is this the right forum for this? Or should it be posted elsewhere?

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Reply[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
The testimony you just posted with your experience with them is enough warning to some degree. Running on about someone with out hearing both sides is a little childish. I see fatrodders on ebay, I have never bought from them. Seeing your post makes me think twice if I even want to consider them, Try waiting to see if anyone else posts any good/bad experiences . I see Items like headers that dont fit right and stuff they sell. It sucks to get burned. A buyer beware post is always good. Did you end up buying the part from a different vender to make it right? What brake part was it? Used? aftermarket? NOS?
[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I'm gonna agree with moparal. The fact that you've put his name out there for us to read and shared what you've already shared is good enough for most of us to think twice and steer clear of the guy.

It would be nice to start kind of a useful vendor review thread in here. Some of us have had experiences, good and bad, with vendors that we'd like to share with others that get buried amongst the posts. But with negative experiences would we be able to write an objective review without it turning into a flaming post? If some of you are like me, once you've been pissed off the rant wants to come out. So, given a negative experience could we take a look at things with objectivity to explain how things went wrong?[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This was supposed to be a brand new front disc brake kit (spindles, rotors, calipers, bearings, shoes and dust caps for a Plymouth Cuda. The rotors arrived the first time with heavily rusted bearing races in the rotors. The guy sent me a second set of rotors, same thing even after I asked him several times to check them before he sent them to me.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Just an update. I got the second set of rusty rotors taken care of at my expense, time, gas (thats what I did Christmas eve), then I discovered the rest of the kit wasn't right either. He (fatrodder/Gearheads Enterprises) sent the wrong outer bearings with the kit and he sent 2" dust caps instead of the required 1 3/4" caps. I had to buy the outer bearings and 1 3/4" caps and grind the skirts down on the caps to get them to fit and not stick out of the hub too far. Total cost so far to me to fix this is over $105.00 plus my time, gas and aggravation. My car has been on the lift for almost a month. [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Now that I am having even more problems, the guy is blowing me off and refusing to answer my calls and emails. With all the whining and arguing and lying he did so far I am pretty sure he isn't ever going to step up and make this right.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']BTW, all this guy's stuff is cheap Chinese crap and it shows bigtime.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The rotors all had heavy duty corrosion going on and underneath the bearing races as if the Chinese didn't want to pollute any water washing the plating chemicals off the rotors before they pressed the races in. [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Why would I lie or make this up? The only reason I am writing this is so some of the nice people I met in here can read it and make their own decision whether to trust this guy. I'll try to post some pics of the rotors. Decide for yourself if this is what you would want on your car. [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']absolutly not....thats why I deal locally...yea it may cost alittle more but....well you get the idea.....better luck next time [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Just as a follow up, Fatrodder (Ebay) aka Gearheads Enterprises aka Craig returned $20.00 whole dollars to my credit card.
My out of pocket up to that point had been $105.00. (not my gas, not my time, not my aggravation, not even three weeks of sitting on the lift)
Thats the good news. The bad news is that the lug nut studs in this guy's rotors turn with the lug nuts when you try to take them off. I have to pull off the wheels with the rotors on them and take them on a 60 mile round trip to get the studs welded. The other bad news is that his calipers stick up farther than my front rims do, so now I get to buy two more larger diameter wheels and tires. Gee whiz, I'm kind of stuck unless I want to buy another "kit" or put my stock, rusty, 38 year old brakes back on.
As you can see, this deal has worked out far better for Craig and his trusty (I mean rusty) band of gearheads than it did for me.
Most fair people would conclude that I'm not really "running on childishly" but have been very well humped by this guy who refuses to stand behind his products.
As far as dealing locally, locally doesn't exist here. Its way way over there.
Maybe someone else here can benefit from my loss. That was the point of writing this in the first place. [/FONT]

IMG_2569s.jpg

IMG_2570s.jpg

IMG_2571s.jpg

IMG_2581s.jpg

Welcome to FABO.
Good luck resolving the problems with your vendor.
Introduce yourself and show us some pics of your ride!

Would have just changed the races, asked for reimbursement on the races, and then never bought from him again.

Yes, well when you just got done changing the bearing races, you would have just been able to just go buy new outer bearings because he sent the wrong ones, then you would have just have had to go buy new dust caps because he sent the wrong ones, then you would have just gotten to take the rotors off with the wheels on them to just go and just get the studs welded in the rotors because they turn when you just try to take the lug nuts off.
Then you would have just had to buy two new rims and tires because the guy's calipers weren't the same size as the stock ones (stuck up higher).

Sound like you just had even more fun than just the bearing races?

Yes, well when you just got done changing the bearing races, you would have just been able to just go buy new outer bearings because he sent the wrong ones, then you would have just have had to go buy new dust caps because he sent the wrong ones, then you would have just gotten to take the rotors off with the wheels on them to just go and just get the studs welded in the rotors because they turn when you just try to take the lug nuts off.
Then you would have just had to buy two new rims and tires because the guy's calipers weren't the same size as the stock ones (stuck up higher).

Sound like you just had even more fun than just the bearing races?

WOW........ I think there's a little sarcasm there!! I'm real sure that wildandcrazy was just trying to help you out with a bad situation.

Good luck with your project!!!!

WOW........ I think there's a little sarcasm there!! I'm real sure that wildandcrazy was just trying to help you out with a bad situation.

Yes it was sarcastic because he either didn't read the above or would have dropped the project with only one of many problems fixed and he would
"just" have accepted the cost of having the bearing races fixed. Well, I didn't even get that. Much less what it is STILL costing me OUT OF POCKET to make this guys mega POS kit work.
You have perhaps noticed that getting bent over and having the old P chute reamed with sand and metal shavings does tend to make one a little grumpy. I'd give a lot to be able to get the guy by the throat.

You don't have to take my word for what this guy has done.
Look at what others have said about this thief. Note how long this has been going on. Notice all the different aliases he has used to push this crap.
I'm trying to do whatever I can to shut him down so this doesn't keep happening to other people.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-163855.html

I had the exact same problem with this D-bag. I bought a disc brake kit for my 69 Camaro and ended up having to;
1. bend the caliper bracket to make the caliper stop dragging on the rotor
2. go to NAPA and buy brake hoses cuz the braided lines weren't the right ones.
3. clean rust off my rotors. (luckily none on the races)
4. no hardware was included.
This ra-tard sent out the rotors immediately, then nothing for a week. I call the place and they tell me that the caliper brackets are on backorder and that i'll have to wait. Another week goes by, i call and raise holy-hell to get my parts or a refund. They tell me it was sent out. The next day i get a package...HOORAY! Oh wait, there seems to be something missing....a caliper bracket! GRRRR!!! I finally get my bracket 2 weeks later.
I politely leave honest feedback on ebay. I get an Email wondering if i would edit my feedback to a positive rating. I go ballistic and leave them a horrible rateing and comment.
Those guys SUCK!!!

hmmmm.....how bout tossin'em threw his drivers side window 1 morning while he's warmin up his car to go to work?

Tell you what buddy. If I didn't live 2000 miles from this turd, you could consider that driver's side window gone.
There were several times I'd love to have gotten that jackass by the throat.
Still would.

I had the exact same problem with this D-bag. I bought a disc brake kit for my 69 Camaro and ended up having to;
1. bend the caliper bracket to make the caliper stop dragging on the rotor
2. go to NAPA and buy brake hoses cuz the braided lines weren't the right ones.
3. clean rust off my rotors. (luckily none on the races)
4. no hardware was included.
This ra-tard sent out the rotors immediately, then nothing for a week. I call the place and they tell me that the caliper brackets are on backorder and that i'll have to wait. Another week goes by, i call and raise holy-hell to get my parts or a refund. They tell me it was sent out. The next day i get a package...HOORAY! Oh wait, there seems to be something missing....a caliper bracket! GRRRR!!! I finally get my bracket 2 weeks later.
I politely leave honest feedback on ebay. I get an Email wondering if i would edit my feedback to a positive rating. I go ballistic and leave them a horrible rateing and comment.
Those guys SUCK!!!

I don't mean I'm glad to hear you got screwed, I'm really glad to hear you left bad feedback for this guy.
The primary reason this dirt bag was able to get over on me is that I looked at his feedback and transaction totals on Ebay and figured it would be alright to deal with him over the phone. BIG mistake.
Turns out he has been getting loads of bad feedback on Ebay, then just changing his name and starting over. I contacted Ebay and the Davenport Iowa police and I'm waiting to hear back from them again.
If you wanted to add your two cents, this is who contacted me back from the police.
Everybody who complains is one more nail in this Ahole's coffin.

[email protected]

i hate hearing these stories...it's tuff enough to build a car without this bs...thanks for the heads up...

i hate hearing these stories...it's tuff enough to build a car without this bs...thanks for the heads up...

Imagine how popular I was with the guy that had my car sitting on his lift for almost a month. I'm trying to be nice to this D**K in Iowa to try to get my parts ASAFP and he was busy doing jack S the whole time.

I bought this POS kit November 28th and I still haven't driven the car.
I can't afford to buy all new larger rims and tires right now so the car sits until I can.

If I lived back there near Fatrobber, things would have gone MUCH differently.
I've pictured him in a body cast, black and blue and floating face down in the river daily since about December 10th.

I don't mean I'm glad to hear you got screwed, I'm really glad to hear you left bad feedback for this guy.
The primary reason this dirt bag was able to get over on me is that I looked at his feedback and transaction totals on Ebay and figured it would be alright to deal with him over the phone. BIG mistake.
Turns out he has been getting loads of bad feedback on Ebay, then just changing his name and starting over. I contacted Ebay and the Davenport Iowa police and I'm waiting to hear back from them again.
If you wanted to add your two cents, this is who contacted me back from the police.
Everybody who complains is one more nail in this Ahole's coffin.

[email protected]
Davenport? Gearhead Enterprises is in Hudson, Iowa. I don't know if it will do any good but contact the Black Hawk County Attorneys office at 319-833-3001. I wish you luck. toolmanmike

Davenport? Gearhead Enterprises is in Hudson, Iowa. I don't know if it will do any good but contact the Black Hawk County Attorneys office at 319-833-3001. I wish you luck. toolmanmike

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I've also heard he was in Waterloo at some time. His Ebay info says he is Davenport.
Not surprising he plays games with telling people where he is.
Thats a huge help, thanks again.

Greatcuda, This is the right pace to expose these kinda guys if they are truly the dirt you describe. If they are standup they will usually chime in here to defend themselves if they have a leg to stand on. Keep us posted, and ...did i say welcome to the best MOPAR site on the face of the planet.
Small Block

I would contact ebay and tell them what he is doing, they may be able to stop him.

I would contact ebay and tell them what he is doing, they may be able to stop him.

I did contact Ebay about this guy. Unfortunately, (my stupid) I didn't use Ebay for the transaction. Ebay did set me up for this goat **** because I trusted the numbers they showed for him.
Thanks to Toolmanmike (see above) I was able to contact a sheriff's sergeant in Black Hawk County (Hudson IA) and leave a message about the guy and a return phone number for him to call me back.
I'm hoping to send him all this stuff and see if he thinks this guy belongs in jail too.
CrustyZ11 left bad feedback on Egay and if he wanted to contact them and tell them about how he has heard this guy changes names, it would probably help shut this POS down.
I'll let you know what happens with the cops.

Greatcuda, This is the right pace to expose these kinda guys if they are truly the dirt you describe. If they are standup they will usually chime in here to defend themselves if they have a leg to stand on. Keep us posted, and ...did i say welcome to the best MOPAR site on the face of the planet.
Small Block

I really appreciate that.
I went to some other forum sites (camaros) to try and warn people and one guy asked me if I was nice to this guy at first when he sent me rusty parts.
This was even before I discovered everything else that was wrong.
As a matter of fact, yes I was nice. I was so nice I wanted to yak.
What I really wanted to do was kill the ********cker and his whole family and his dog and his dog's relatives.
I'd imagine all of us have wanted to pull some turbo dickhead through the phone receiver and strangle them to death at some time but camaro owners know how to handle a problem like this.
Their (camaro forum) conclusion after all this is that I must not have been nice enough to him at first to get all of this fixed up nice and dandy.
Even after showing them all the other people this guy has porked.
Maybe I don't communicate my feelings well enough. Maybe I'm not as warm and fuzzy as some camaro owners.
I guess I'm just a bad bad man.

Most Camaro sites that i'm on have ZERO tolerance for openly bashing a vendor, regardless of how things really went down. They're all worried about being sued for "slander"...whatever:thebirdm:.
Yes, this outfit is a bunch of crooks and i'd love to go re-arrange some of these morons' teeth..but the best you can do is to leave horrible feedback and let others know of your dealings with these D-bags.

I've bought several things from Fatrodder on eBay without a hitch. Then again...if I had been burned I would've had some recourse through ebay and/or Paypal.

Nevertheless, after reading your experience with this seller I will NOT buy anything from this seller. You did the right thing by posting your experience.

Thanks for warning us!
Rob

-
Back