Worst parts supplier ever

-

GreatCuda

Reaction score
I was curious about something. I recently bought a brake kit for my Cuda from a guy (Gearheads Enterprises and "Fatrodder" on Ebay) I found on Ebay. I wish I had made the actual transaction through ebay instead of calling him because I would have had more leverage for when this guy bent me over and shoved it in with sand.
The guy sent me rusty, unusable parts that were supposed to be new.
Then he sent me replacement parts that were just as rusty and unusable as the first ones only six days later while my car was on someone's lift.
The parts in the kit were the wrong ones and I had to replace them at my cost.
He and his employees lied to me repeatedly.
My car spent three weeks on a guy's lift while these guys were getting their thumbs out of their *** and it still isn't right by a long shot.
You might be thinking that this happens all the time but this guy and his crew were really special.
Totally inept, uncaring, devious, crooked, I could go on.
What I'd like to do is write down everything that happened from day one and share it with other people so that they don't get screwed like I did. I don't even need to exaggerate to make this guy look like S**t.
Is this the right forum for this? Or should it be posted elsewhere?

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Reply[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
The testimony you just posted with your experience with them is enough warning to some degree. Running on about someone with out hearing both sides is a little childish. I see fatrodders on ebay, I have never bought from them. Seeing your post makes me think twice if I even want to consider them, Try waiting to see if anyone else posts any good/bad experiences . I see Items like headers that dont fit right and stuff they sell. It sucks to get burned. A buyer beware post is always good. Did you end up buying the part from a different vender to make it right? What brake part was it? Used? aftermarket? NOS?
[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I'm gonna agree with moparal. The fact that you've put his name out there for us to read and shared what you've already shared is good enough for most of us to think twice and steer clear of the guy.

It would be nice to start kind of a useful vendor review thread in here. Some of us have had experiences, good and bad, with vendors that we'd like to share with others that get buried amongst the posts. But with negative experiences would we be able to write an objective review without it turning into a flaming post? If some of you are like me, once you've been pissed off the rant wants to come out. So, given a negative experience could we take a look at things with objectivity to explain how things went wrong?[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This was supposed to be a brand new front disc brake kit (spindles, rotors, calipers, bearings, shoes and dust caps for a Plymouth Cuda. The rotors arrived the first time with heavily rusted bearing races in the rotors. The guy sent me a second set of rotors, same thing even after I asked him several times to check them before he sent them to me.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Just an update. I got the second set of rusty rotors taken care of at my expense, time, gas (thats what I did Christmas eve), then I discovered the rest of the kit wasn't right either. He (fatrodder/Gearheads Enterprises) sent the wrong outer bearings with the kit and he sent 2" dust caps instead of the required 1 3/4" caps. I had to buy the outer bearings and 1 3/4" caps and grind the skirts down on the caps to get them to fit and not stick out of the hub too far. Total cost so far to me to fix this is over $105.00 plus my time, gas and aggravation. My car has been on the lift for almost a month. [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Now that I am having even more problems, the guy is blowing me off and refusing to answer my calls and emails. With all the whining and arguing and lying he did so far I am pretty sure he isn't ever going to step up and make this right.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']BTW, all this guy's stuff is cheap Chinese crap and it shows bigtime.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The rotors all had heavy duty corrosion going on and underneath the bearing races as if the Chinese didn't want to pollute any water washing the plating chemicals off the rotors before they pressed the races in. [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Why would I lie or make this up? The only reason I am writing this is so some of the nice people I met in here can read it and make their own decision whether to trust this guy. I'll try to post some pics of the rotors. Decide for yourself if this is what you would want on your car. [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']absolutly not....thats why I deal locally...yea it may cost alittle more but....well you get the idea.....better luck next time [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Just as a follow up, Fatrodder (Ebay) aka Gearheads Enterprises aka Craig returned $20.00 whole dollars to my credit card.
My out of pocket up to that point had been $105.00. (not my gas, not my time, not my aggravation, not even three weeks of sitting on the lift)
Thats the good news. The bad news is that the lug nut studs in this guy's rotors turn with the lug nuts when you try to take them off. I have to pull off the wheels with the rotors on them and take them on a 60 mile round trip to get the studs welded. The other bad news is that his calipers stick up farther than my front rims do, so now I get to buy two more larger diameter wheels and tires. Gee whiz, I'm kind of stuck unless I want to buy another "kit" or put my stock, rusty, 38 year old brakes back on.
As you can see, this deal has worked out far better for Craig and his trusty (I mean rusty) band of gearheads than it did for me.
Most fair people would conclude that I'm not really "running on childishly" but have been very well humped by this guy who refuses to stand behind his products.
As far as dealing locally, locally doesn't exist here. Its way way over there.
Maybe someone else here can benefit from my loss. That was the point of writing this in the first place. [/FONT]

IMG_2569s.jpg

IMG_2570s.jpg

IMG_2571s.jpg

IMG_2581s.jpg

-
Back