Worst sunday!

-

trebor75

Reaction score
Generator belt on my daily driver snapped on my way to rehersal. I drive to the garage instead of driving to rehersal to play music and have a good time. Of course it's a hassle to reach anything on this Golf and I dont have the belt anyway. Borrow a friends car and start telephoning to see where I can find the belt and an open store. I end up driving a loooooong way (really need the car monday morning to work) and then it's the wrong part. This continues for most of the day until I finally have the right belt.

I'm now pissed of, hungry and stressed. I have to jack the car up, remove the wheel and a plastic inner fender, cam belt cover, servo pump/water pump belt etc to get the new generator belt on. It's strange, usually when I work on the Duster it's calming and stress releaving, but working on this Golf is just the opposite. I get the new belt on , changed the servo and water pump belt to new when I was on it. Look at the watch, the entire day is gone! Got dinner planned and I am in a rush. Take the car for a testdrive, succes, pheew! I clean up and going to return my friends car just have to call him fist. Hmmm, where's my phone. Sudden flashback of me putting in on the top of the Golf to get connection in the garage. Hell no, did I really?? I sure did! I drove of with my brand new Iphone 4 on the top of the damn car, it's rainging cats and dogs outside. I run out to look for it, cant find it. I'm now super stressed, soaking wet and not really pissed of anymore, more a feeling of been beaten.

I try to call my phone when I cant find it. Amazingly a guy answers that saw me drive of with the phone on the roof and returns it to me. The glas on the display is in thousand pieces, but it works. I offer the guy everything I have in my wallet, not much, but he refuses. Stand up guy in my book!!!

I have now missed dinner so no use of being in a hurry no more. I return my friends car, go home and have a hot shower. Start looking on the net where they can repair my phone. Doing this I manage to get some virus in my Pc and have to do a fresh install of windows. Well, here we are. To get the phone fixed costs about 300 usd!

Just had to rant a little while I install everything on the computer. Turned out to be a expensive belt, but maybe you could get a good laugh from it! Sorry for the spelling and typos, this was written superfast :)

Sorry about all the mishaps for the day. There is a bright side to all this and it's the fact "you're here" to write about it, and that's a good thing!

Hope today is much better or what ever day is your next day there in Sweden!

I'm actually not in such a bad mood after all. Just strange how everything can be so against you some days.

Man sounds like quit a day! Must be time for a drink.
X2 on that greendart72, I had a few Friday and kicking my feet up today and be glad to be here.
It sure sounds like a day you will not ever forget trebor75, My worst day was about 12 years ago :clock: But I am still trying to forget about it and move forward. 8)

-
Back