would a dual exhaust system fit?

-

1974dodge

Reaction score
hey guys and gals i'm wondering if a dual exhaust system would fit on my 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger? I'm gonna take a look at it today but im not home and im wondering if it would fit.

Of course it will.

Search the threads, here's the summit system, which I run and love.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-680144/overview/year/1974/make/dodge/model/dart

I run the exact same system on my 74 Swinger but bought it from Jegs.
Jegs and Summitt brand exhaust is made by the same company which is Pypes if i remember correctly.
The system sounds great

A vid of a car running the system is linked here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1970230368&postcount=47

I just purchased the same system for a 74 dart. I was amazed at the quality and completeness of the setup! Like the video, I will not be able to hear mine until mid summer. Right now I am going to work out the bugs in the car with the six since I just purchased it and changed out all the original rubber before the 440 goes in.

It would easily fit, my 73 swinger had one when I got it, sounds pretty good even with the stock 318.

I run the exact same system on my 74 Swinger but bought it from Jegs.
Jegs and Summitt brand exhaust is made by the same company which is Pypes if i remember correctly.
The system sounds great

A vid of a car running the system is linked here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1970230368&postcount=47

Actually, Heartthrob exhaust systems,awesome for the money. Three things to note: 1 will need trimming,as you go. 2 Was designed for use with Hooker Comp style headers,will need Fab work for stock manifolds & other header brands.3 ,the instructions are awful. Check. out the Heartthrob website,for better pictures. .

What engine? If it is a 318, A well thought out single exhaust with some sort of Y scavenger like what Flowmaster offers could actually be better than duals. Smaller cubic inch engines respond well to a good flowing single exhaust.

What engine? If it is a 318, A well thought out single exhaust with some sort of Y scavenger like what Flowmaster offers could actually be better than duals. Smaller cubic inch engines respond well to a good flowing single exhaust.

I have a 225 stock /6. hopefully as soon as I get this one all completely mechanically sound I want to drop a 360 in the swinger.

I want to be able to have two dynomax bullet mufflers on it is there any links where its only the pipes and not the mufflers?

I use the Jegs 2.5" kit without mufflers for about $200 . It does require modifications to fit. I also used Hedman tubes off the TTI headers. Damn near bolted in but were a tad too short so I added 4- 5 " to the Hedman tubes at about a 30* angle to mate up. I plan to crank it up this weekend. Gotta hear those Ultra Flows!

I want to be able to have two dynomax bullet mufflers on it is there any links where its only the pipes and not the mufflers?

I think Jeg's used to sell it that way, but I can't find it after a quick look. You could probably call them and find out if they still sell it without.

you may want to consider that the pipes are bent to fit with a muffler with an offset betwen the inlet and outlet,pipes might not fit with bullets that are basicly a straight piece of tubing.

A set of 2 1/4" duals with an h-pipe will really wake it up.

-
Back