would it look good?

-
It's YOUR car, BUT.........

I had one on a Duster I just bought, and it made it look like a Nova.

No 'tanks.

But again, it's your baby......Design it and build it.

Normally I wouldn't opine or comment on this, but you did ask. To me, those cowls look good but scream Chevy. To each their own of course.

Grant

Reconsider......

112_1204.jpg

I don't like cowl hoods but thats just me. Mopar made some good hood scoops that look good and work well. I would go with one of them.

a bit uncalled for? as ive seen 20 challengers with cowl scoops

Yeah, you might be right. I just hate to see Chevrolet stuff put on a Mopar. No harm intended to anybody, but it's like I said, anybody can have a Chevelle or Camaro with a cowl scoop. I always like Mopars because they are different. When most people see old Mopars they say "What is that?" or something along those lines. Almost everybody, including people who don't know anything about cars, can go buy any old Mustang or Camaro and call themselves "cool". Like mac daddy said though, in the end, it's your car and nobody can make the decision but you. If you like it, then I guess you should go for it.

If it was my car I say no, but not because it is a GM thing (OK a little bit about that) it is more so because you see them on a ton of cars.

Seems like most of the cars on Pinks have them. It seems to be the "flavor" of this era. I have not been the kind of person that goes along with the crowd (there are some on this forum that can vouch for that). I like being different, that's why I run Mopars instead of the other stuff. We are just a little bit different, the underdog if you will.

But... it is you car and you should do what you want not what I or other people want. You can never go wrong if it is what you want.

Chuck

This is what I have and I bought it from unlimeted. Important to start the cowl at the end of the rise in the hood.

cowl.jpg

Leave those cowl hoods for brand-x..this is the only hood that belongs on an a-bodies..

DSCF0206.jpg

That really depends on personal preference. I like a clean, modern flowing look. 6 pack hoods look good though, no doubt.

-
Back