Would love to find my 1969 383 GTS

-

blackhand

Reaction score
I've decided that I would love to track down my first car: a 1969 383 GTS. My dad and I bought it at the Northwest Mopars Unlimited show at Bellevue Community College back in 1995 or so. It was intended to be my first car but it had a pretty wild cam and about 13:1 compression so that idea was quickly scrapped. We owned it for a year, maybe two, and my dad sold it to someone from a parts yard near Seattle if I recall correctly. We got a good vibe from him and he assured us that he was a Mopar guy and that his plan was to restore the car. At the time I was heartbroken to see it go, but now I realize that it was not a safe ride for a 16 year old and I'm glad that he let it go before I ruined a genuine big block GTS. I'd really love to track it down so if anybody has a lead please let me know.

Here's what else I can recall about it:

-original turquoise paint with black bucket seat interior but primer red while we owned it.
-Had been a show car at one point. The floor pan and gas tank were painted midnight blue with purple flames and the rear end was chromed.

Thanks FABO!

-
Back