Would this 727 fit in my 1973 Duster?

-
does your duster have a 440 in it ? or are you looking for one of those too ... if it does then the only difference i no might be a converter .. should be a little looser than a car to help get that beast of a home on the go ....if you have a small block try again .. it dont work wont work dont waste your time

thats a short tail housing 727. not sure if the trans mount is in the same location as a car 727..

the motorhome 73' 440-3 and 727 trans. fits nicely in my 67' barracuda. I have a later type K-member with spool motor mounts. The mid 70' trans. crossmember I got takes a dounut mount. Got the HeavyDuty one for a 73' ish 360 at parts store (Carcraft). The throttle cable, kickdown linkage and bracket need replacement. also need a custom length driveshaft. hope this helps, C300

There were 2 styles of torqueflites used in motorhomes. The standard car type and the short tailshaft version that usually has a yoke bolted to the output shaft. The one in that add is the short shaft version only used in motorhomes and HD trucks. You might be able to make it work but it's not going to be a direct bolt-in by any means. A custom driveshaft will be needed as well as some sort of adapter to make it bolt to the crossmember. I'd find a car or 1/2 ton truck torqueflite and save a big headache.

I have one from a motor home and as metioned above its totally different and the drive shaft bolts to the transmission like on a rear end

Hey RUSTYDUSTY, the one i put in my 67' is a short tailshaft version that has a yoke bolted to the output shaft. Guess if it failed for some reason the main draw back would be interchangability.... The mesurements are correct for the engine location (16 1/4" from crank centerline to drivers frame rail and 5 ?/?" to the K/member). Trans. lined right up. PM me if you want pix or part numbers

Hey RUSTYDUSTY, the one i put in my 67' is a short tailshaft version that has a yoke bolted to the output shaft. Guess if it failed for some reason the main draw back would be interchangability.... The mesurements are correct for the engine location (16 1/4" from crank centerline to drivers frame rail and 5 ?/?" to the K/member). Trans. lined right up. PM me if you want pix or part numbers

How did you get around the driveshaft issue? You need a slip yoke somewhere in the driveshaft because as the rear end goes up and down it changes the driveshaft length some. That's why they use a slip yoke style trans. on car/light truck transmissions. The motorhomes and HD trucks have a 2 piece driveshaft with the slip yoke in the middle.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the input. I think I will wait and hunt down the proper car-1/2 ton truck 727.

-
Back