Would you guys run these rear shackle hangers from mancini?

-

SomeRandomDude

Reaction score
Working on installing a new set of leaf springs and these are the hangers I just opened up. Craftsmanship looks kind of shoddy and just wondering if you guys would be comfortable running these or if I should send them back?

20240910_181003.jpg

20240910_181001.jpg

20240910_180949.jpg

20240910_180939.jpg

20240910_180936.jpg

the bigger the glob the better the job!

while not optimal, and it looks nothing like their pic, it's probably plenty strong for what you need.

as for sending them back, i guess that depends on what you level of satisfaction is and if you're on a tight timeline or want to screw around with tracking down another set/supplier.

Well the welds are tacks, if that's good enough I don't know. Do the website pics look like that?

Wait, they left pieces of mig wire on there??

Damn shame they let something like that go out the door to a customer.

Seems like someone else posted pics similar to that a while back. Can't remember the retailer though.

Wow, that's some lousy welding!!!

With that being said, the tube goes through to the ends of the plate, which means the welds aren't doing a ton structurally. So running them or not running them comes down more to the principle of them sending parts that don't match their pictures and the parts being ugly more than the parts not being functional or safe.

With the length of time waiting for parts and the shipping costs I've had dealing with Mancini I would grind and re-weld that stuff vs sending it back just because I would bet that it would take weeks to get replacements, but they definitely deserve to eat the costs on those.

Send them back and tell the welder to use a fresh coat hanger next time. Structurally it’ll be fine as the bolt will hold it in, it’s more on principle.

Wow, that's some lousy welding!!!

With that being said, the tube goes through to the ends of the plate, which means the welds aren't doing a ton structurally. So running them or not running them comes down more to the principle of them sending parts that don't match their pictures and the parts being ugly more than the parts not being functional or safe.

With the length of time waiting for parts and the shipping costs I've had dealing with Mancini I would grind and re-weld that stuff vs sending it back just because I would bet that it would take weeks to get replacements, but they definitely deserve to eat the costs on those.
I've got a great welder locally who says he'll knock these out in the morning. Hopefully Mancini will credit me for his time

Last edited:
I've got a great welder locally who says he'll knock these out in the morning. Hopefully Mancini will credit me what for his time

I would definitely not count on Mancini doing that, perhaps they'll prove me wrong.

Send them back and tell the welder to use a fresh coat hanger next time. Structurally it’ll be fine as the bolt will hold it in, it’s more on principle.
Also had to debur the inside of the tube pretty heavily. Would have destroyed the bushings. I'm actually pretty surprised by the lack of qc since I've heard a lot of good things about them - hopefully this one was just a fluke

Kinda looks like the menu board at a fast food joint and what you really get !

Absolute and utter dog ****. Whatever QC personnel that let that by should be fuckin ashamed of themselves.

If I didn't need them right away, I'd call them and see if they'd apply a healthy discount, or send them back. If I needed them right away, I'd re-weld them to my liking. That welding wire hanging on there is a damn joke!

That is some hacked up looking crap welds. Even drunken Chrysler employees of the 70s did better work. Those would have been thrown back in the recycle pile at the factory.
It is a shame to have to expect so many of the aftermarket parts to be inferior like this. If we revolt and quit buying, do these parts get better or do the manufacturers just give up and make nothing?

Like I said in another post.. Not bad for a 5 year old Chinese kid.

That is some hacked up looking crap welds. Even drunken Chrysler employees of the 70s did better work. Those would have been thrown back in the recycle pile at the factory.
It is a shame to have to expect so many of the aftermarket parts to be inferior like this. If we revolt and quit buying, do these parts get better or do the manufacturers just give up and make nothing?
They'll just make more Chevy parts.

-
Back