Wow, look what the car drug home.lol again!

-
Just have fun with it and sell it before it blows again. Then again it sounds like you can deal with that at a pretty reasonable price. I wouldn't care what other people think. If it is fun it is fun. I only buy american made (weren't these made by Diamond Motors in Indiana?) but if that deal came to me I would fix it like you did and drive it until I got bored. I love A body Mopars...but if I had that car I would drive it for the mpg.

i am into the (american made) turbo shelby dodges from the 80s as well as the older V8 muscle cars. i have respect for both, however the DSM (diamond star motors) eclipse / talon / plymouth laser or even dodge stealth isnt a true mopar its a mitsubishi. that being said, its nice for you to score this car back for so cheap put some cash into it and either roll it out the door for some money or keep it for the high gas prices, either way its a win win. or as charlie sheen says IM WINNING !!!! LOL.

contrary to popular belief not all timing belt cars will bend valves when they jump time. the mopar 2.2 and 2.5 SOHC 8 valve 4 cylinder engines are a NON interference fit setup. the valves wont collide with the pistons if it jumps time. also a heads up anybody who wants to call my FWD 1988 dodge daytona shelby Z a Jap car they better back up their comment with facts. this car was designed by chrysler, built in st louis missouri, engine i think made in trenton michigan, transmission was made by new process gear in syracuse new york, turbo was made by Garrett AIResearch, most of the electronics in it were made by Motorola. throttle body was made by Holley. there is more, and i can do more research for anybody who needs to know more.

this little bugger has a fully balanced and blueprinted bottom end, o ringed block, complete forged rotating assembly, ARP head studs, rod bolts, oversized valves, fully ported head, intake, and exhaust manifold, Siemens Deka +20 injectors, 3.8L V6 throttlebody, Garrett T3-T4 hybrid turbo, 3" exhaust plus much more to list. keep in mind it is an 8 valve 4 cylinder engine its not a dual cam 16V setup. makes 325HP at the wheels on a dynojet chassis dyno @25 PSI boost. so this is a stout little engine.

the 67 cuda i am building is going to be a 408 stroker with an A-833 OD, and full road race suspension setup. going to go for the trans am vintage look with it. still in the dissassembly, grinding, cleaning, and metal repair end of it, so this project will morph as it progresses.

just my .02
matt

Its clean and in great shape ill give you that, the fact its come to you twice at a great price is like having the gift that keeps on giving...

Im however biased....I hate eclipse's and the douch bags that drive them...

I say sell it and let some other moron blow it up....who knows maybe itll come back to you at another ridiculously cheap price to make money off of.

nice car, my brother would want that. i had a four banger once it was an 89 lebaron gtc convertible turbo, fire red black top leather interior bucket seats, i was the only 16 year old at my school with a convertible :cheers: i miss that car 30 mpgs and it needed a tune up! i miss that car. i want another one, they made a few with a v6 5 speed or 4cyl turbo 5 speed i like the turbo idea with a 5speed. it may be a chick car but its a true mopar!

i rememberd one more that dodge made u missed. the 1996 dodge colt my boss has is a mitsobishi engine in it and alot of china stuff lol. things got 198k on it lol runs like a slug

well, i tagged it and put over 300 miles on it so far, and still got over a 1/4 tank left. i think i will drive it while i have it up for sale.lol

well, i let me neibors kid take it to school today, and he just walked into my yard, without my car.lol ..................... to be continued

I call that a "boomerang" you sell it, it comes back, you sell it it comes back again!

Sounds like the philosophy of a J.....

Oh, never mind, I'd just get in trouble if I finished that thought! Something about "You got it. You sell it. You still got it. What a business!!"

just got done hooking up my trailer.:( he says he can see either rod # 3 or rod 4 hanging out the bottom of the oil pan. i asked him what happened,a nd he told me he took it to 7,500 rpm in first, shifted second, and missed 3rd and did not let of the throttle........................................

well, since i was into these car for a while, buying/selling and building engines for these, i had to pull out my secret stach of parts. pics to come 2.3 STROKER TIME!

HERE IS THE .020 OVER JE Stroker pistons on brian crower rods, all arp studs for the mains and head, stroker crank from eagle.

this setup is capable of holding 750 h.p easy.

i really did not want to use all these goodies in a fwd car, but may as well use it than have to buy all new stuff.

i guess i should have learned from the last time i lent a car of mine out. oh, well. i was sure to let him know that he will be forking out over a 1,000.00 to cover half the cost of the shtuff to replace.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 106
Sounds like it will be a wicked little car when you are done with it.

well, car is here, and pulled the head off the easy way.lol cut everything.lol

number 3 rod and piston are not even in the engine!.lol i have no clue where it is. maybe in the exaust pipe.

here is the carnage

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 002.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 004.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 005.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 112
haha, heard of your transmission getting left on the highway but not a piston!

is that hole in the last pic suppose to be there?

no, that hole is from the rod first hitting there, busting out the back of the block, then when the crank came around again, it must of threw the piston/rod through my 3 inch exaust.lol

Well, now you're stuck with it for a while at least.

My answer to the original question would have been "Sell it and make out like a bandit TWICE on the same car!"

You get it fixed, I'll trade you a 93 Camaro V6 POS for it! (Just don't tell my wife, it's her car!!!) :D

sounds like the car wants to stay...lol

clean looking car.

I completely agree...looks like you've got yourself a daily driver lol. Hard to let anything go after that much work goes into it.

Drive the piss out of it and kill some Honduhs. I like the eclipses and the talons. I'd build one and drive on actually if I had extra money to throw around (either a talon or a stealth). Just drive it. Good gas mileage and fast? Yes please.

Sorry, didn't see the date on the original post... either way, keep driving it. lol. I'd personally buy a smaller wheel.. 16s or 17s instead of the 18s and paint it Some sort of graphite/gunmetal color.

I'm not afraid to admit that I like tuner cars... when they're done tastefully.

its a nice looking car, looks like someone already drove the piss out of it.
how do you suppose that happened?

-
Back