Wow! Ta heads? Really?

-
Needs valve job. $1200.00!

I got 8 items, low mileage, No T/As,mixed codes, mixed valve sizes, some might need guides, a little surface rust from sitting for45 years.Make your teener boogey.
Will only sell as a pkg for $4800.00, lol, wait.......FIRM,......Heh-heh

how would someone know for sure if they are T/A heads or not?

sorry for the dumb question but I don't do much with small blocks.

its been 30 years since I've had any of those critters but I have had 5 or 6.

I've forget half of what I ever did know, and didn't know that much to begin with. i'm thinking that's the casting No, for the TA head. only thing that made it unique was cast with more material in the head so I COULD be ground out for larger valves, and obvious better flow. they had offset rockers factory. so they was a slight rearrangement of the valve.

they are a cool car. I sold mine when a resored one would bring about $10,000. I bought a roller once for $400 in Al that a friend had pulled out of a boneyard for me, ..... a cop in Ok called one day and sold me a complete TA needing restored for $1500, it ran. Ah those were fun times....

The pushrod holes were moved over so you can port them larger, and they came with special offset adjustable rockers...

the tunnel for the pushrods on the intake are drilled different then a standard j head....you have to see them or a picture of them...

The TA head has the same casting number as a standard J head...some see the casting number and look them up and think they have a TA head cause they never have seen a TA head in real life...it is the offset pushrod tunnel that make them different...

Those in the Ebay ad are not TA heads...If they were real they would sell...even at that price for a collector for a TA or AAR would buy them...if they needed to replace lost heads...

you can not use standard 340 rockers on the TA head...as the intake rocker is offset aka w2...but not as much as a w2 head. Non adjustable rockers do not work on the TA head either.

here is a picture that shows the difference in the intake pushrod tunnel

Attachments

• imagesJ0M6T9DA.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 197
that was what I was trying to say! LOL.. I really didn't try to look at his pics close but the location of that moved over pushrod hole is how you would tell as the cast no. is simply a J head.

That seller is an idiot. He's gotten a bunch of emails from people explaining the difference. He's still posts the same ad trying to pawn those off as T/A heads.

I have a couple sets of those same heads and can't move them for $250.

He doesn't come right out and say they are TA heads, just that they have the same part number. So buyer beware. TA heads will have J, U, even O letters. He definitely is skirting the line passing them off as something they aren't. Scum he is.

If you had two T/A heads, could you just call them TaTa's for short???? #-o

ie. "That's a nice pair of tata's....." LOL! :D

If you had two T/A heads, could you just call them TaTa's for short???? #-o

ie. "That's a nice pair of tata's....." LOL! :D

I guess you could. LOL. They may even be X tata's.

He doesn't come right out and say they are TA heads, just that they have the same part number. So buyer beware. TA heads will have J, U, even O letters. He definitely is skirting the line passing them off as something they aren't. Scum he is.

It says "J code fits Six pack TA AAR " in the description heading. You'll have a ton of fun with TA intake rocker using these heads. :)

Is there somewhere on the site to report less scrupulous deceivers? 100% positive feedback and he's trying to flim flam someone who doesnt know the difference? Nice con man.

Didn't the ta heads also have like 63cc combustion chambers or 65cc? I get the two mixed up but I remember looking at the aluminum heads online and seeing a difference there.

-
Back