Wow....the price keeps going up on these....

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Are people really getting this or are they nuts?!? I know stuff is getting more expensive but this is crazy. Seen this on Facebook today...$5000 obo for just the intake and carbs! Granted it’s all new, but it’s only mopar performance stuff, not originals.

B16936CD-7D74-49BE-8C33-B6ED4413C82A.jpeg

Are people really getting this or are they nuts?!? I know stuff is getting more expensive but this is crazy. Seen this on Facebook today...$5000 obo for just the intake and carbs! Granted it’s all new, but it’s only mopar performance stuff, not originals.

View attachment 1715877190
Crazy isn't it. Somebody will pay that though.

They may be getting it, and yeah they’re nuts!
Gotta love it when people want to bend you over AND make you pay shipping - it’s the new S&M!

What kinda EFI could they have for 5K? Maybe a blower AND EFI.

Let’s face it- try and find a brandy new one.

Everything is up thanks to invisible inflation, covid and the free money that was floating around.

who would had ever thought a 4 door /6 dart would be selling for $5k. But people are buying them.

I have a couple of them. If fools are actually paying that much for them I might have to consider letting mine go.
Would be funny if someone paid that then a few month later edelbrock decides to do another run. I cant understand why they dont, seems to be plenty of demand for them.

Let’s face it- try and find a brandy new one.

Everything is up thanks to invisible inflation, covid and the free money that was floating around.

who would had ever thought a 4 door /6 dart would be selling for $5k. But people are buying them.
Rusted wrecks.

I'm kinda glad and kinda sad that 440 6 packs aren't climbing like that.

I rode in a 340 6 pack powered '50 dodge pickup one time and it was not impressive.

What kinda EFI could they have for 5K? Maybe a blower AND EFI.

Since you asked, Rusty.... for starters an Edelbrock EFI intake manifold with a full, intermediate porting and Conversion by Wilson, a Wilson TB, a Holley HP ECU and harness, a big wire coil on plug kit, 8 injectors, a quality tune and an upgraded fuel system that can easily feed 800+ hp will set you back about double that, but man, what an EFI conversion!

And a Stage 2 Pro Charger and installation kit for a Magnum....$7800. Plus a match ported intake, injectors, HP computer and harness and tune over half that price again.

SHOP

Well, they did tell me, Speed costs money...How fast do you want to go? I think adding the word, "very" in there is what does it.

Victor Intake.jpg

Intakes 2.jpg

Fuel pump.jpg

Intakes 1.jpg

It's a lot to pay for just looks. No real performance gain.
I will say, I like my woodgrain wheel. Way easier steering with a manual gear but I bought mine for $100. And only one small crack! LOL

100_4680 (1).JPG

I'm kinda glad and kinda sad that 440 6 packs aren't climbing like that.

I rode in a 340 6 pack powered '50 dodge pickup one time and it was not impressive.
Next to a well tuned 340-4bbl, it’s the same.
Next to a big block…. LMAO!
I’ve always said you do one because you wanna do one.
No other reason to do it.

On something like a 6 pac they know they can get away with crazy pricing because there is a small crowd that wants one. For someone doing a stock build that had a 6 pac, car show guys, or the street cruiser that think they look cool. Give me a Holley and I’ll show them how to go faster.

Since you asked, Rusty.... for starters an Edelbrock EFI intake manifold with a full, intermediate porting and Conversion by Wilson, a Wilson TB, a Holley HP ECU and harness, a big wire coil on plug kit, 8 injectors, a quality tune and an upgraded fuel system that can easily feed 800+ hp will set you back about double that, but man, what an EFI conversion!

And a Stage 2 Pro Charger and installation kit for a Magnum....$7800. Plus a match ported intake, injectors, HP computer and harness and tune over half that price again.

SHOP

Well, they did tell me, Speed costs money...How fast do you want to go? I think adding the word, "very" in there is what does it.

View attachment 1715877321

View attachment 1715877322

View attachment 1715877323

View attachment 1715877324
I just went on holley and jegs to find the prices if you would want to do it with carburators.
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 8.48.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 8.49.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 8.53.17 AM.png

All in, it is $2,996.89. That is just the intake and carbs. you would still need to buy fuel line, intake gaskets, jets, air cleaners, etc. So while $5,000 is insane for just an intake and carbs, it is in the middle ground of the full on EFI and bare minimum brand new stuff. And If you are already spending $3,000 on an intake you can probably swing $2,000 more for getting it in a timely manner. I would not say the same for the new stuff seeing how manufacturing is slowed way down. it could be a few months wait for the new stuff.
I don't know, I bought my duster for $1700 so any intake above $50 is out of my price range.

-
Back