-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
As I have a project planed on the cheap looking for a driveshaft that fits A body 111" wheelbase cars (Dart-Scamp) using an 8 1/4 rear.OR DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CENTER TO CENTER MEASUREMENT (center u joint to u joint)

Thanks You

Northern indiana

There is a small problem.
73 was the 1st year for the 8.25 inch rear end. They require a different lenght driveshaft than a 8.75.

No 4 speeds were available in the Dart/Valiant in 73 and newer.

However, a 3 speed manual was.

Driveshaft # 2996137

Lenght: 51.89 inches

Diameter: 3.25 inches

73-74 Dart, Scamp or Brougham with automatic or 3 sp manual trans.

The difference in driveshaft length between an automatic and a 4 sp ......I don't know.

There were so many variations according to the parts book.

Anybody else be able to pipe in ??

I've interchanged a driveshaft from an 8 1/4 and 8 3/4 without problems. They're real close in size. Assuming stock parts in their stock location and an A-body 4 speed, 52" should do the trick. Why not just measure to verify? Slide the yoke into the trans all the way and then back it out 1 1/4" or so.

I've interchanged a driveshaft from an 8 1/4 and 8 3/4 without problems. They're real close in size. Assuming stock parts in their stock location and an A-body 4 speed, 52" should do the trick. Why not just measure to verify? Slide the yoke into the trans all the way and then back it out 1 1/4" or so.

This will be a next winter project car and was wanting info so I can look for one through the summer along with other parts needed.Since it will be a real tight budget and nothing special build I am hoping to find one on the cheap
rather than have one made

I have one 47-1/2" ctr to ctr. Came out of my scamp(111" wb) with 727 and 8-1/4. If you are going with a a833 4-speed you need it to be about 52 to 52-1/2". I just did the swap.

$80 + shipping o.b.o. if you want pics of it see my post late march in mechanical parts for sale

Thanks Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back