-
Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketAces

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a 273 block with a casting date in April or May of 1965. An engine assembly date of late May, early to mid June would be ideal.

I would prefer something that will clean up at .030 over. If the machining and or rebuild is already done, that could work too.

I would consider a bare block, short block, or an entire engine. I'm near Los Angeles, so So Cal would be best to avoid shipping charges. But if the price is right, maybe we can make it work with shipping.

let me chek what mine is going with a 360 in my barracuda its a 66 so it could be if you dont fine one any closer Paul

My car's build late is very late 65. Perhaps an engine from an early 66 would be right. The assembly date stampted on the front of the block needs to be before June 18th.

Too bad I'm no where near ready to pull the 273 out of my 65 Barracuda plus I'm in Virginia. March build date on the car.

I've got a '65 2bbl long block... but I'm not sure of the casting/build date, it's stuck, and I'm in CT. I bought it with a bunch of parts for my '65.

Wow that is pretty pricey for a motor that needs rebuilt. I just picked 2 273s for $100 one complete minus rockers and one short block

65DartGT,
Looks like you have a wealth of opportunities. You could buy the 65 CA Barracuda for $260 for the engine and sell just the rear glass for $2500, if you believe the Desert Auto Kings show.

If you hit dead-ends, I have a 65 273 block and we usually drive to San Diego about once a year so could bring to Torrance if you can wait (not sure of our next trip). A Hi-Po engine, but the same block. I'll check the date. It was seized and I messed up a few pistons getting them out. The cylinders have corrosion, but should clean up at 0.030" since I think the pistons were std. Of course I would measure everything. I could sell the block alone for $100 and still come out ahead by keeping the crank and rockers (both sell for ~$100 regularly on ebay).

I've got a '65 2bbl long block... but I'm not sure of the casting/build date, it's stuck, and I'm in CT. I bought it with a bunch of parts for my '65.

If you hit dead-ends, I have a 65 273 block and we usually drive to San Diego about once a year so could bring to Torrance if you can wait (not sure of our next trip). A Hi-Po engine, but the same block. I'll check the date. It was seized and I messed up a few pistons getting them out. The cylinders have corrosion, but should clean up at 0.030" since I think the pistons were std. Of course I would measure everything. I could sell the block alone for $100 and still come out ahead by keeping the crank and rockers (both sell for ~$100 regularly on ebay).

Let me know your dates!

Just bought a core on eBay with an assembly date of 6/8/65. The car assembly date was 6/18/65 so just 10 days apart. Can't get much closer than that!

Now let's hope there's still plenty of meat left on the bores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back