Not open for further replies.

superdve

Dave Buckshaw
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Guys,

I need a complete Slant 6 power steering setup: column shift column, gear box, pump and brackets for a 71' Vintage Scamp. Black column great but not required!

Dave Buckshaw
Detroit, Michigan

I've got the whole setup from a 69 Dart. It looks like a rebuilt pump on it as well. The column is green though but in 69 the key was in the dash so you most likely can't use that.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I've got the whole setup from a 69 Dart. It looks like a rebuilt pump on it as well. The column is green though but in 69 the key was in the dash so you most likely can't use that.

Ken
Edison, NJ

What would you want for it all anyway Ken? While I'd like a locking column I might switch it over.

Changing from the 69 to 71 setup would be a wiring nightmare. The ignition is in the column on the 71, in the dash on a 69. The 71 dash has no provision for an ignition switch. You would have to change the entire dash frame and wiring harness or drill a switch hole in the dash and splice all of the ignition wires.

Are you going to Carlisle? I bought this 72 parts car that I'm picking up and I'm taking there.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=146768

The 72 will be a much better fit than a 69. Bring your tools and pull it all yourself for $100.

Changing from the 69 to 71 setup would be a wiring nightmare. The ignition is in the column on the 71, in the dash on a 69. The 71 dash has no provision for an ignition switch. You would have to change the entire dash frame and wiring harness or drill a switch hole in the dash and splice all of the ignition wires.

Are you going to Carlisle? I bought this 72 parts car that I'm picking up and I'm taking there.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=146768

The 72 will be a much better fit than a 69. Bring your tools and pull it all yourself for $100.

Greg,

I like the plan. Problem is I have 4 month recovery from getting run over by a texter on my bicycle while riding on the sidewalk! How about I pay you to remove as well!

Damn! Sorry to hear that! (but I hope the resulting lawsuit leaves you with $$$ to REALLY fix up the Valiant!) In that case I could either deliver the removed parts to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus Ohio in August or work out shipping when I got back from Carlisle.

if that doesn't workout for what ever reason, I have the set up as well but being on the west coast shipping will be a pretty penny.

Columbus sounds good! I should be driving by then! Save me all the lines, brackets and pitman ARM
I can send you money now if you want.

Since I haven't seen the car yet I'll wait on the money till I'm certain there are no problems with the parts. I will mark those parts sold and not give them to anyone else at Carlisle. Will $150 be ok with me taking them off?
Thanks again!

Since I haven't seen the car yet I'll wait on the money till I'm certain there are no problems with the parts. I will mark those parts sold and not give them to anyone else at Carlisle. Will $150 be ok with me taking them off?
Thanks again!

Sure thing Greg! I appreciate it! Talk to you after surgery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back