-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leos71scamp

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Im in need of a set (preferably) of used heads for a 318 magnum. My drivers side is cracked but the passenger side is ok. Still would like to replace both. The engine is in my 98 ram 1500 sport. I would prefer replacing them with the same kind of iron ones that came out of it. So if you've got a set laying around that has no cracks and are in decent shape, let me know. Or, if you have just one that will replace my cracked one i spose thatll work too. Im in Springfield Ohio. Thanks.

Be warned that nearly every used magnum head you find will be cracked. They were notorious for that. Why not replace them with something much better such as a set of EQ's?

I have an extra set no cracks I have 3dodge 1500 rams 2 5.2 one5.9 and never found one yet with cracked head bad head gasket bent valves but no cracked head

I have an extra set no cracks I have 3dodge 1500 rams 2 5.2 one5.9 and never found one yet with cracked head bad head gasket bent valves but no cracked head

So you had all them hot tanked and magnafluxed? If not they may have been cracked and you didn't know it. They generally crack between the seats and don't cause an issue with running until they get real bad. Nearly everyone I talk to has found numerous factory magnum heads cracked. Hard to find ones that aren't

I appreciate the info and the offer guys. After a little searching on the net, it didnt take long to find quite a few complaints about these factory heads. Mine are cracked inthe exact same way, from the exhaust valve seats out to the gasket edge. So yes, im going with new heads because i dont want to end up with the same problem down the road. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back