-
Status
Not open for further replies.

sshomer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Purchased the car and PO assured me a title existed - which turned out not to be the case. We're just about done with the rebuild and I need to get registered. Any help would be appreciated.

You restored a car with having a title?? Yikes! If it turns out to be stolen, the owner will be real happy that you fixed up his car for him. Your state should have a lien process you can go through to get title to the car but you risk losing it if the last registered owner want to pay off the lien. If you're sure the title is just lost and your dealing with reasonable people, talk to the guy you got it from and see if he'll help you get a duplicate title. If he's not the last registered owner, ask him if he knows who is and go from there.
Good Luck!

What state was the title from? Tighten the thumbscrews on HIM to provide you with a title. If he had the title, make him file for a replacement title. Regardless, make him provide you with the name and contact info on the person he got the car and title from and contact that PO. Try to get a notarized statement that the title was clear at that point. What a pickle you're in if that car is stolen and you find the actual owner. I saying a prayer for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back