WTB 8 Track Player.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha i got some nice memories riding around in my friend's superbee listening to 8-tracks
bachman turner overdrive, steve miller, foreigner, thin lizzie stuff like that

8 tracks....BJ Thomas and Roy Rogers....over and over...they never stopped!

I had one from Panasonic that mounted on the transmission hump, and was removeable in my Road Runner. This was back in the early to mid 70's. We rode around listening to 60's and 70's Rock and Roll and drinking beer. Dang, this brings back a flood of memories.

8 Track player is all i use, just love it .You can buy a nice small one under dash on e bay sometimes cheap .I bought mine there and it was new in the box .

8 Track player is all i use, just love it .You can buy a nice small one under dash on e bay sometimes cheap .I bought mine there and it was new in the box .

I have to dig around somewhere in the attic I should still have a new am/fm 8 track in the box.not a brand name one. Bought it back in the mid eighties. I do for sure have a 8 track recorder you could make your own 8 tracks.

I have to dig around somewhere in the attic I should still have a new am/fm 8 track in the box.not a brand name one. Bought it back in the mid eighties. I do for sure have a 8 track recorder you could make your own 8 tracks.
Damn! I'd be second in line for that one if the original poster declines.
Lemme know.

George

May be interested for sure... Thanks..:supz:

I have an 8 track player in my Duster. It gets more comments then anything! 3rd for the new in box one if George declines. I have 3 or 4 of them but, it never hurts to have a spare.

Which is, I suppose, a superior product to a 2 track player??

4 track players came out first, lasted about a new York minute. 8 track players where right behind by only a few months. Then cassette players much smaller.

8 tracks used a tape like the cassette only bigger and bulkier.

Anything else you need to know just ask I'm an open wound of useless information and facts.:glasses7:

I have an 8 track player in my Duster. It gets more comments then anything! 3rd for the new in box one if George declines. I have 3 or 4 of them but, it never hurts to have a spare.

Ok like I said I should still have it. I have to dig around in the attic.

I know I have the recorder it's in my office.

Something some of you may want to try. I had an old GTO. That had a busted 8track I gutted it hinged the face plate to flip up and put my cd player in it. When you closed the face plate you could still put a tape in looked stock. Went to a ton of car shows not a single judge ever noticed.

4 track players came out first, lasted about a new York minute. 8 track players where right behind by only a few months. Then cassette players much smaller.

8 tracks used a tape like the cassette only bigger and bulkier.

Anything else you need to know just ask I'm an open wound of useless information and facts.:glasses7:

They are all 2 track, but the 8 track had 4 sets of stereo L+R tracks next to each other. The tracks were so thin there was a huge amount of hiss to them. Dolby would recognize this hiss frequency and cut it on cassettes. dont know if they had Dolby on 8-tracks. I remember seeing blank 8-track tapes at Radio Shack for recording.
We had a 77 Lincoln Town car, huge boat that had an 8 track in the radio, the entire tuning scale would push in with the 8-track tape. kinda cool how they did that, and there was a little joystick for balance and fader, "Ford Quadrophonic Sound" or something like that.

Post an ad on cl thats how i got mine and for free but its just the player that mount under the dash good luck

They are all 2 track, but the 8 track had 4 sets of stereo L+R tracks next to each other. The tracks were so thin there was a huge amount of hiss to them. Dolby would recognize this hiss frequency and cut it on cassettes. dont know if they had Dolby on 8-tracks. I remember seeing blank 8-track tapes at Radio Shack for recording.
We had a 77 Lincoln Town car, huge boat that had an 8 track in the radio, the entire tuning scale would push in with the 8-track tape. kinda cool how they did that, and there was a little joystick for balance and fader, "Ford Quadrophonic Sound" or something like that.

Correct as usual. As for blanks. You can just record over old tapes. E bay usually has them cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back