Status
Not open for further replies.

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I need an A904 transmission yoke that will accept a 1350 U-oint. The 1350 U-Joint is designed with a 1 3/16" cap diameter and the retainer clips go on the outside of the cap like this:

IMG_0698.JPG

Mancini's had the non-billet one listed on their site 2 weeks ago for $99. I went two-three days ago to order it and it was not there.
I emailed them 2 days ago about it and they never responded ??? I really don't want to spend $200 on a billet one, and if I do I will not get it from Mancini's unless I at least get some sort of response from them.

IMHO, I sprang for getting the billet one and ordered from Mark Williams.........yes $$spendy. Who knows where I will be with HP in the next couple of years, but I will probably stay with the 904.

Did you check denny´s driveshaft or brewers? I think they should have sth. like this. If you cant get the 904 slip yoke for a 1350 U-Joint then you can use a slip yoke for 1330 U-Joint and get a conversion joint to 1350 - you understand what i mean?

Michael

Did you check denny´s driveshaft or brewers? I think they should have sth. like this. If you cant get the 904 slip yoke for a 1350 U-Joint then you can use a slip yoke for 1330 U-Joint and get a conversion joint to 1350 - you understand what i mean?

Michael

That is actually what I may end up doing. Either that, or I found a place that has a 7260 to 1350 Joint also.

Where did you find this joint? Part # or what did you have to do to make it work?

Thanks for that link. I'm gonna use my old drive shaft till I get a new one made. I got a 904 with a Dana 60 which I had shortened to the correct length. It was used on the street when I had a stock 7290 yoke and I used a 7260/7290 spicer joint. I since switched to a 1350 billet yoke. I know this setup won't hold the power of a 416 Eddy headed race gas motor but I would like to move the car around to check everything out since its a new build.

I used a 2003 Ford Crown Vic driveshaft. It was Aluminum and uses a 1350 Joint. I had to shorten it, but had no issues.

I used a 2003 Ford Crown Vic driveshaft. It was Aluminum and uses a 1350 Joint. I had to shorten it, but had no issues.

I'd love to hear more about this..and sorry if this is a thread hi-jack. Is that drive shaft from a cop car or a standard Crown Vic? I've considered going the same route, but many claim these cars only come with 1330 UJoints and not the larger 1350 which like you, I need. Thanks.

I'd love to hear more about this..and sorry if this is a thread hi-jack. Is that drive shaft from a cop car or a standard Crown Vic? I've considered going the same route, but many claim these cars only come with 1330 UJoints and not the larger 1350 which like you, I need. Thanks.

Check my signature link with my build for more info. PM me with any questions. I got mine from my old cop car.
check this link below. I emailed a couple of these yards and the aluminums are mostly 1350s. I wanted a 1330 joint and I could not find an aluminum shaft with the 1330 joint in a crown vic. They are priced around $70 shipped.
http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search....01433&userUID=0&userBroker=&iKey=&userPage=18

Wow sounds like a cheap way to get an aluminum driveshaft. Whats size is it 3" or 3 1/2"? Do you know the thickness on the tubing? Just wondering cause I'm thinking I could do this for $250-$300 bucks. I don't weld and the local driveline shop charges $100 to cut it down and rebalance. That's saying Mancini gets the non Billet yokes back in.

Wow sounds like a cheap way to get an aluminum driveshaft. Whats size is it 3" or 3 1/2"? Do you know the thickness on the tubing? Just wondering cause I'm thinking I could do this for $250-$300 bucks. I don't weld and the local driveline shop charges $100 to cut it down and rebalance. That's saying Mancini gets the non Billet yokes back in.

I believe the shaft is about 3 1/4-1/2", can't quite remember but it was pretty girthy. The aluminum was about a 1/16" thick. Tig welded up real clean and easy. I did not rebalance, and no shimmy at all.

Um uh YEAH me too!! Sounds like an awesome way to get it done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back