-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmaudlin

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a rebuilt or like new A-833 transmission for a 70 Dart. Have a used one, but the case is bad. Would like something that can be bolted in with no problems, Thanks, Ben.

why not get a case and fix it? there should be someone in the area who can do it. S & K speed shop in new york has nos cases and i'm sure Brewers has some too.

why not get a case and fix it? there should be someone in the area who can do it. S & K speed shop in new york has nos cases and i'm sure Brewers has some too.

thanks for the suggestion, but I guess there is more wrong than just the case. The input shaft and bearing retainer are also pretty pitted as well as the synchro. assemblies being pretty worn out. Figured it would be cheaper to replace than repair! Ben.

that sort of stuff all has to be checked out in a rebuild anyhow. Least when I do it. Retainers are easy to get. Cases are not hard, synchros need work frequently. you have the extention and main shaft, which is key.

MATS in Vegas is coming up next month.A guy from California named Daryl Finch usually has about 20 or so with him. PM me and I'll pass his number to you.Worth a call.

If you make a deal & need it hauled back from the MATS to Phx, I can help you with that.

I heard of that guy Daryl. I see him every year at the spring fling. In 2005 he sold me an A-body 4 speed conversion "Kit". The only thing that was correct was the transmission, bell housing and the pedals. The shifter, shift linkage, shift handle, ball studs and bracket, clutch fork, and z-bar was definitely not for an A body. I didn't know, I was brand new to the hobby at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back