[SOLD] WTB - Block off Plate/Kit- CLOSED

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the OEM 4 barrel intake. On the right side of the carb there is a small control rod that sticks up out of the intake.I'm sure it connected to the OEM carb which is long since gone before I got the car. Now the rod is not connected to anything and looks like it could interfere with the carb linkage on the edelbrock carb now on the car.

The right side is the passenger side. As said above, that is the choke stove. Just remove the single bolt holding it down to remove the choke rod set up.
This is not a problem to the operation of the car.

On the left side (driver side) is the EGR valve location. Same spot as the choke stove. That EGR valve should not interfere with anything. IF you have an EGR valve there, simpley remove the vacuum line attached to it and cap it. The valve only opens with a vacuum source to it. No hose to it means it will stay closed.

Do not remove the EGR valve since a gasket for it needs to be a special high temp material. The gasket is super hard to find. Gasket material of high heat abilty is difficult to find.

CORRECTION!!!! The item is the old choke Automatic Choke - Well Type. I see no reason why I can not remove it completely and cover the hole.

Presently there is NO gasket under the cover. My shop manual indicates that is a exhaust fume and fire hazard!!

Why not just pull it out, trace it out on a piece of aluminum and cut, drill two holes cut a gasket for it and pop it on there.

All you need is a jigsaw, drill and some gasket material. Oh and a small piece of aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back