-
Status
Not open for further replies.

74scamp360

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys and gals i'm in an attempt to find a 73-76 a body to use as a parts for my 74 scamp. I really don't care what it is 2 door 4 door dart valaint, whatever. The parts i'm looking for specifically are, front disc brake setup complete, manual or power doen't matter. I need a 22" rad for an automatic tranny. 8/34 rear end (would prefer a posi and gears from 3.55-3.91 but let me know what you have). I was hoping to maybe find all the parts i need on one car, part it out then sell it again or scrap it but if any of you guys have random parts that might do as well. It will need to be within reasonable driving distance and unless you're willing to pay shipping i don't want shipping. Thanks guys and thanks FABO for the ad!! BTW i'm located in elora ontario.

Do a search in Kijiji.com.You should search in small towns north of Toronto,there,s still a bunch of daily drivers around and scrapyards north of the city.Hope this helps with your search.

well jd340 thanks a lot for the tip but infact i've already gone and seen that car. We got there and it really wasn't anything. it was a $400 car all day long. the motor and tranny were just sitting in there not bolted to anything, any usable shetmental was rotted, and the "rebuilt" 727 was definatly not rebuilt, it had 20 years worth of grease on it and the guy said he had no actual proof that it was rebuilt. really the only thing on the car that was worth anything were the disc brakes. Thanks anyways for the tip, it's too bad it didn't work out really.

pettyblue dart, i check kijiji every day lol, in hope of finding something. the one thing i really need to do is get to a good scrap yard but you guys know that the weather has been less then appealing and time is hard to find.

Thanks guys and if you'd be able to keep your eyes and ears out that would be greatly appretiated!!!

If you find the LBP front discs and 8&3/4 rear under the same car someone put it together. They didn't come that way. Location and shipping is always the fear factor when shopping online.
I recently got lucky and found a LBP 8&1/4 rear locally. The complete disc brake front end with a huge aftermarket swaybar is still there far as I know. The owner claimed the entire suspension was rebuilt about 2 years ago and while I did see one upper arm bushing that didn't look so new, everything else did look nearly new.
Now why did I menion this... calculate what a parts car locally might cost and add the cost to rebuild that used suspension. Compare that to what a complete bolt in and go front end would cost. Smells a little like a road trip to me. LOL
as for radiaters .. feck a used 22". A new 26" should bolt right into your 74.
Those 26" shrouds are much more common too.

74scamp340. I was just going to post three a bodys for sale on the site and saw your request. I have to go for now but i have 71 demon disc/83/4 rear ax,e ? on ratio.I'll get back to you. I'm in wadena mn(center of state)

Thanks redfish i know what you mean but my rad saddle will only hold a 22" cause i've got the slant 6 now and i don't want to get into changing the saddle. thanks for the advice.

dstdevl. i'd be interested but the thing would be getting the car here. unfortunatly i don't have the time to come down. but let me know about the other details about it and we'll see what we can do.

again thanks guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back