-
Status
Not open for further replies.

73SwingerBuild

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking to convert my car from power brakes to manual brakes, but I need the shorter pushrod for the pedal. Does anybody have one of these laying around?
If yes, how much to ship to 02896 (North Smithfield, RI)?
Thanks

-Mike

You PM'd me and I saw you are still looking for a manual brake push rod fo your dart. They are all the same for manual disc and drum from 67 to 76. I put a 1987 dodge truck manual disc master cylinder on my duster.( aluminum with plastic ) I went to a salvage yard grabbed one off of a truck. I thought I would have to modify it to fit.

What I did was take my original master cylinder and traced the mounting flange onto a piece of 1/2 inch thick aluminum plate. I transfered punched the 4 holes and drilled them. I cut a hole in the center for the rod and boot with a mill. Then I drilled two holes to mount the newer master the same size as the holes in th new master and counter sunk the studs from the rear. I pressed the studs in the holes in the plate from the rear . Via my new adapter. The rod on the master from the truck ended up to be the correct length. and it bolted right up. Keep the flare nuts from the truck and put them on your lines with a double flare.

Attachments

• DSCF0094.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 134
Old man,
Interesting strategy. Does this work with the '73 front disc/rear drums? It sounds like it would.
Also, the thickness of the custom made flange sounds like it would affect the outcome of the pushrob being the correct length. Are these new master cylinders from the 80's trucks cheaper? If they are more expensive or the same price, I'd almost rather just stick with the stock pieces, though not having the parts rust would be nice. My only concern is that the replacment master cylinders (stock) have a small reservoir and a larger reservoir, to account for the different amount of fluid required for discs and drums. Is this accounted for in the truck piece?
Thanks for your comment. I appreciate the help.

-Mike

The reservoir is not split up. It is a much better rust free leak free master. My car stops on a dime. Front disc rear drum.

340plot is suppose to buy the scamp tonight if he don't show up I will start stripping that car tommorrow. That car has manual disc I will take it off and send it to you. rod, bolt and boot. for $15.00 shipped. That is only if 340plot doesn't take the car. If he does you will have to buy it from him. Steve

If I know Joe, He'll be there lol. I've never known him NOT to buy a car. he sold me a 340/ 4 speed combo. Good guy to deal with, i thought.
I'll follow up tomorrow, although I did tell Greg (above) I'd buy his. Let me know what happens

I need one to if someone has one. I looked at one on ebay don't want to play the bidding game I just want to buy one

Well Snake, looks like Greg and either OldManMopar/ 340Plot have one. I am waiting on an answer from OldManMopar before I send out any money, as he responded first. If he sold the car, I will be grabbing the one Greg has and I would say your best bet would be to PM 340 plot. Let's see what OldMan has to say...

I have two of them that I've glass bead blasted, and the bolts that go with them. $20 bucks shipped.
DSCF1167.jpg

Guys: I have two right now. One is packaged and ready to ship to Mike if he wants it. Mike, if you get a cheaper one, I'm not offended. :)
Snake: I sell them on Ebay but i'm happy to do an "off Ebay" deal too, since their fees are almost 20 percent. Off Ebay is $20 shipped.
Greg Purcell

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back