WTB: Mod Top Die-Cast - Any

-

Lammio

Reaction score
Looking for any Mod Top die-cast models. Haven't found much out there. Any help would be appreciated.

Highway 61 made two Lime Green Metallic 69 Darts, a Swinger 340 (have this one) and a GTS. There's also a Blue 70 Cuda 383 (have this one too) and a Sunfire Yellow 440 from PYE. Ertl or Auto World using the ERTL mold made a 69 Superbee. Those are the ones I know about.

Probably they come up on Fleabay from time to time but have been long sold out at dealers. You could try Supercar Collectibles as they often buy collections so they sometimes have long out of production models available. And they are great to deal with, excellent customer service. Click on the link for older and hard to find models on their home page.

http://www.supercar1.com/

Good luck in your hunt.

Steve

Thanks Dustdevl. You Canadians sure are nice folks!

You're welcome. We do what we can. Glad to help out any fellow Mopar and 1/18 enthusiast.

Is that your Barracuda on your avatar? Looks pretty nice.

Steve

Yes it is. Thanks! It's a 68 fastback 340. It always looks red in photos but it's actually Sunburst Orange from the 2010 Dodge truck colors. In fact I've re-done a 1:18th '69 Barracuda and turned it into a '68 look alike of the same color. It looks pretty cool sitting on the dash at car shows.
And thanks for the link to Supercars. They didn't have any mod tops but said they'll keep a look out for me. You never know.
I'll be at the Nats in Columbus next month. Do you ever come down for that?

Chuck.

Hi Chuck,

Haven't made it down for the Nats yet. One of these days. And my buddy and I want to go to Carlisle as well but we never get ourselves organized. Always liked the 67-69 Barracudas, might have got one of those if I didn't snag my Duster.

Our big show, Moparfest, is the weekend of August 15/16 so I'll be there for that. Looking forward to it. Usually go with my friend who has a 70 GTX or I'd park with the FABO crew, assuming they'd have me.

Supercars are great. I have a lot of Supercar Limited Edition drag cars and they always do an excellent job researching the subjects. Scott and Jim really provide great customer service so you can't go wrong with them. You could also try the Diecast Pub. I'm a member there too. They have a classified section and you could post a wanted ad. There's usually someone selling off some cars. I bought a few of my drag cars through members there.

Enjoy the Nats!

Cheers,

Steve

-
Back